PDA

View Full Version : Desk getting crowded... and amazing!

Mr. Picklesworth
February 21st, 2008, 02:34 AM
I finally realized that my NVidia driver came with a configuration tool (and not a bad one), so I got dual monitors living with Compiz and TwinView!

My setup is quite unusual, so I thought it would be fun to post it. No idea how all this junk fits of my desk, but at least that other LCD has a purpose again. As you can see, it served as a headphone rack for a while. No idea where I'll put those things now...
The good part about the junk, though, is that it now all works with Ubuntu.

Oh, and yes, that is a vertical desktop. It was the only way that didn't give me a headache. Maybe I'll change it later if I find a way to move the monitor over. Alas, the grassy wallpaper there is the only one that scaled well vertically. (I wish the desktop background setting let me choose a center point!).

Does anyone else have a horriffically cluttered desk (full of fun stuff) to share? Don't be embarassed; it can't be any worse than mine :)

Vitamin-Carrot
February 21st, 2008, 02:51 AM
now you need 2 42" LCD tv's with DVI in or somethng ...
Maybe throw in a comfy leather chear and a wireless keyboard and mouse set, 8.1 surround sound ... a big bucket of chicken and some hot chicks ...

then you would be set

fedex1993
February 21st, 2008, 02:56 AM
now you need 2 42" LCD tv's with DVI in or somethng ...
Maybe throw in a comfy leather chear and a wireless keyboard and mouse set, 8.1 surround sound ... a big bucket of chicken and some hot chicks ...

then you would be set

and maybe some good drinks like some iced tea and maybe a lap dog. Yes i love how i can have twinview it is very nice. to bad my laptop doesnt have a nvidia cip instead it has a GMA card also does that bamboo fun or bamboo tablet work with ubuntu or w/e linux distro you run

Mr. Picklesworth
February 21st, 2008, 03:17 AM
I do have a few other gadgets sitting around, some screens as well as a spare tower underneath that laptop. I suppose this could be more cluttered (and more bright) yet ;)

Indeed, everything in that picture works with Ubuntu. Quite pleased with it now. The Bamboo tablet took some tweaking via wacomcpl, and I had to install the latest development version of the LinuxWacom drivers (please, please have those packaged in universe, Hardy!). To get the buttons working requires some extra commands at startup, and hotplugging is presently not working, and it interferes with the touchpad driver which loses me the fancy multi-finger stuff and the virtual scroll wheel. (An acceptable sacrifice; who needs three mice?!).
In the end, though, it does work. Fantastic little gadget, even at that smallish size; I am not much of an artist, but it is really easy to work with and definitely gives good results. Fun, too!

Edit:
Gah!! I just realized that picture looks almost Windows-like. Can't believe my panel ended up like that...

Mateo
February 21st, 2008, 03:36 AM
i have lots of gadgets but my desks are very clean. i have mild ocd.