PDA

View Full Version : New User in Seymour

Piankeshaw
February 21st, 2008, 12:56 AM
Hi! Absolute beginner in Seymour, IN. Completely new to Linux and Ubuntu. I downloaded the live CD two weeks ago and found its ease of use and speed on an older laptop so good that it is now installed on my hard drive and is my only OS. I feel free from the Microsoft shackles that binded me.

So far, no snags!! I'm sure that I will lurk or ask questions for a while. Greetings!!

visualdeception
February 21st, 2008, 01:28 PM
Welcome aboard!! Let us know if you have any questions we are more than happy to help!

Piankeshaw
February 22nd, 2008, 11:16 PM
Thanks, Visualdeception! I appreciate the help. Had some snags with setting up my printer, but was able to get help on the Community from some previous posts. Cheers, mate!

Corfy
March 17th, 2008, 03:26 AM
I know I am a little late, but welcome.

I'm a Seymour native myself... granted, my family moved away when I was four, so I don't remember much of it from my time as a resident. But I have been back several times since.

Piankeshaw
March 26th, 2008, 12:43 AM
Thanks Corfy!!! I just now updated to Hardy Heron and am giving it the first whirl. So far so good. Anyway, appreciate the welcome.

W2IBC
March 26th, 2008, 01:24 AM
well hello down in seymour from anderson.
im downloading Heron atm got 1.5 hours left on it (slow net connection) i cant wait to test drive it.