PDA

View Full Version : need help pursuing higher studies

Louis de Broglie
February 20th, 2008, 02:39 PM
Hi,

My ambition is very high. I want to be a scientist. The country where I am living is a developing country and does not offer challenging courses. I recently won some national merit competitions and I think I will be able to attend IMO(International Mathematical Olympiad) & IOI(International Olympiad in Informatics) this year. But i have other exams scheduled and my parents do not wish me to continue such an uncertain career(due to financial difficulties ). If I can manage financial support to do GED,SAT,TOEFL, then those scheduled exams will no longer matter and I will be able to apply in reputed universities like MIT, Stanford, Cambridge, Urbana Champaign, Texas-Austin. I think I will need no more financial support afterwards since I think I will manage a scholarship.:)

This thread was orginally posted here :

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=4368382#post4368382

but later moved to community cafe due to the reason that I thought it is the proper place to post it:

gnome.youbuntoo
March 2nd, 2008, 03:02 PM
what sort of help, do u need exactly??

Louis de Broglie
March 3rd, 2008, 07:00 AM
I need some financial support. Someone who will bear the costs of applying in a university. That means you have to pay SAT,GED,TOEFL and application fees and after I am admitted with scholarship granted, the plane fare. After I join my university, I will repay all the cost. You don't need to literally give me any money. I will simply give you links where to pay SAT, GED, TOEFL etc. fees. Just doing it to ensure that no one thinks I am a fraud or, something like that. If you know better ways of payment to ensure no mischief, feel free to tell me. That's all.:)