PDA

View Full Version : which free email hosting service will/will not delete your mail if not log-in

afeasfaerw23231233
February 20th, 2008, 09:38 AM
i want to know which free email provider such as yahoo, gmail, hotmail.. will / will not delete the mail after the user is inactive for a period of time.
edit: i also want to know how large the attachment is allowable [10MB?]. i remember that gmail doesn't allow .exe to be uploaded

notwen
February 20th, 2008, 02:58 PM
How long do you plan to not be active and you can always archive files prior to uploading them. Most mail servers will limit the size of attachments, no one wants huge email attachments, that's what file transfers are for. =]

afeasfaerw23231233
February 22nd, 2008, 05:44 AM
yes but i want to know the size of attachment and inactive maximum period. thanks!

akiratheoni
February 22nd, 2008, 05:57 AM
Well as for the size of the attachment I think Gmail allows up to 20MB and if you need to send an EXE file, rename it to like .exe.bak or something and you can send it. I don't think there's an inactive period where they delete your email.

XVII
February 22nd, 2008, 06:57 AM
I have a Gmail account and I left it sitting around for about 30 days and nothing happened.

afeasfaerw23231233
February 22nd, 2008, 09:14 AM
if i send a 20MB email from gmail to yahoo mail, then will the yahoo mail user be able to receive the mail?

Cov(enant)
February 22nd, 2008, 03:16 PM
http://mail2world.com
-------------------------------

I am with this e-Mail provider for the last 8 years and have no complaints.

Large Attachments ... up to 50MB

Simple Setup ... choose from many different domains !

User Friendly Interface ... it's one of the better ones

Permanent e-Mail address ... there is no expiry date like others have

Personalize ... it allows you to make extensive adjustments to your taste

Ultra secure and save ... to explain it would be geek talk, but see for yourself

And last but not least ... it's FREE :)

bruce89
February 22nd, 2008, 05:22 PM
i remember that gmail doesn't allow .exe to be uploaded

This begs the question as to why you want to send Portable Executable files via e-mail.

afeasfaerw23231233
February 23rd, 2008, 02:10 AM
i used to be a ms windows user, so i sometimes send .exe file at that time. now i may still have a chance to send .exe because all the people i know are using ms windows. hard to persuade them to use windows, harder than bulldozing a building! they would say 'linux? what the hell is that?'
edit: it says they are doing the maintenance and tell me to try it an hour later

adamklempner
February 23rd, 2008, 06:08 AM
For gmail, I would just zip the exe. Most people can figure out what to do with that without any instructions. Also, I had one gmail account that sat for about 6 months and nothing was deleted.

kooolrock
February 23rd, 2008, 10:57 AM
i want to know which free email provider such as yahoo, gmail, hotmail.. will / will not delete the mail after the user is inactive for a period of time.
edit: i also want to know how large the attachment is allowable [10MB?]. i remember that gmail doesn't allow .exe to be uploaded
i think GMAIL is for unlimited time.

afeasfaerw23231233
February 24th, 2008, 08:21 AM
it doesn't work. i try it again and it says:

trueWe're sorry. We are unable to create the user specified. Please contact support@mail2world.com

Cov(enant)
February 25th, 2008, 12:37 AM
@ afeasfaerw23231233

Do you get this message after clicking on sign up now ... or ... after filling in the details on the page Registration - Step 1 of 3: Set Up Your Account ?

When I click on sign up now, the link worked again ... otherwise, have you emailed their support ?

Despite the problems with registration I always have access to my inbox, hmmm ... please let us now if it works for you now.

afeasfaerw23231233
February 25th, 2008, 03:02 PM
@ afeasfaerw23231233

Do you get this message after clicking on sign up now ... or ... after filling in the details on the page Registration - Step 1 of 3: Set Up Your Account ?

When I click on sign up now, the link worked again ... otherwise, have you emailed their support ?

Despite the problems with registration I always have access to my inbox, hmmm ... please let us now if it works for you now.

it is the forth time i try to register
this message appears after i clicked 'Finish Registration' in the page of 'Step 2 of 3'

trueWe're sorry. We are unable to create the user specified. Please contact support@mail2world.com
email their support? but what should i say in the mail? i 've never email for support for those free service. they may say it is free of charge, you pay nothing and want to get our help...?
p.s. though ubuntu is free, i find this ubuntu is extremely helpful!

Cov(enant)
February 25th, 2008, 09:12 PM
... but what should i say in the mail? i 've never email for support for those free service ...

I have emailed them with your error message. Let's give them a few days & see what they come up with. :confused:

afeasfaerw23231233
February 26th, 2008, 07:08 AM
thanks!

Cov(enant)
February 26th, 2008, 11:03 AM
They've answered:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Michael,

Does he get this error message with every account they try to set up, regardless of the username?

Or is it one username that triggers this error?

Regards,

support@mail2world.net
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

?

afeasfaerw23231233
February 26th, 2008, 05:52 PM
no! i have tried more than one user name! i also change my 'age' from 20 to 50 to 100 [107 i think - the date of birth is 1-1-1901. but that still doesn't work
i've just tried it again. the same message appeared:

Cov(enant)
February 26th, 2008, 06:17 PM
Have just replied to them with what you said.

In the mean time ... I wonder if cookies are allowed by your browser for this website ? If not, then please allow it.

Just a feeling that this might be the cause. :confused:

Edit: Have just blocked cookies in my browser for this website and here is the message I got when I tried to login:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We're sorry. You've encountered an unexpected error.
Please try again, or try logging out and then log in again. That will fix certain types of problems.
If the problem persists, please contact us via the Member Support Form.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once I allowed cookies again, the login worked fine ... do you know how to check your browser if cookies are allowed for this site ?

forrestcupp
February 26th, 2008, 06:30 PM
It's kind of funny how you have to email support to set up an email account.

Lostincyberspace
February 26th, 2008, 06:44 PM
i think GMAIL is for unlimited time.
I think so I have one that is almost 5 years old and haven't logged in since I created it until just now.

afeasfaerw23231233
February 27th, 2008, 03:33 PM
Have just replied to them with what you said.

In the mean time ... I wonder if cookies are allowed by your browser for this website ? If not, then please allow it.

Just a feeling that this might be the cause. :confused:

Edit: Have just blocked cookies in my browser for this website and here is the message I got when I tried to login:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We're sorry. You've encountered an unexpected error.
Please try again, or try logging out and then log in again. That will fix certain types of problems.
If the problem persists, please contact us via the Member Support Form.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once I allowed cookies again, the login worked fine ... do you know how to check your browser if cookies are allowed for this site ?

cookies are allowed for this site. if it is too troublesome for you to send email to them then just leave it. thanks for your help anyway