PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry Help

drndrw
February 19th, 2008, 05:18 AM
Hey guys. I just got a Blackberry Pearl today, and so far I like it. But I have a couple of questions.

First, how do I turn off this stupid auto type thing? I like just being able to tap the key a certian number of times to get to the letter I want.

Second, how do I change my ring style? I want it to vibe and ring, and but I also want to easily change the volume to silent.

Third, can I lock the keys? It is always in my pocket, so I don't accidentally want to call anyone.

This is about all for now. Thanks!

Presto123
February 19th, 2008, 05:30 AM
Hrmm...I have a Nokia E62 and you get the lock key thing by hitting the power button (not holding it down to power it off).

Maybe?

drndrw
February 19th, 2008, 05:31 AM
My power button is the end call button though.

kevdog
February 19th, 2008, 06:24 AM
You lock it by scrolling down on the full menu to the padlock icon. It should be in the middle - last line.

Sure Type is the text prediction. you need to turn this off. I cant remember how I did it.

bimmerd00d
February 19th, 2008, 07:41 AM
Go into your text messages area, hit menu, enable multitap i believe is the correct option. My g/f has the Pearl 2 (8130) on Alltel.

igknighted
February 19th, 2008, 07:47 AM
Give the autotype/text completion thing a chance. It's weird getting used to at first, but it is awesome once you get the hang of it.

pocketman
March 5th, 2008, 08:39 PM
Hold down the star key to lock...star then talk to unlock. Look for a program called autolock - will automatically lock keys after a configurable amount of time after screen dim happens. Profiles is where you set up all of your alerts, add new ones, etc.

You should really read your manual or check out some of the great introduction sites to the BB online. It will be far more helpful, and you'll get a lot more out of your phone.

~LoKe
March 5th, 2008, 08:56 PM
I think the SureType feature of the Blackberry is most ingenious; incredibly well done, IMO. It makes sending messages a breeze, and eventually you'll familiarize yourself with it, teaching it words as you go along.

I just got my Blackberry a week and a half ago and I'm already very used to it. Give it a chance!