johnc4510
February 18th, 2008, 03:20 AM
The Arizona team is in the early planning of an Installfest for the Hardy

Heron release. You can see the wiki page for the planning here:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ArizonaTeam/Installfest Please feel free to add

any comments or ideas here.

Technophobia
February 20th, 2008, 09:41 PM
"enigmastrat noticed this event was held previously at UAT. He referenced http://www.barcamp.org/BarCampPhoenix. johnc4510 noticed an email address, and suggested he contact the person for information or about possibly joining forces for the next one."

I used to go to UAT and I have friends that still go there. If you need some help just give me the word.

the_master
March 25th, 2008, 08:42 PM
My brother goes to ASU and he is trying to get a way to hold another installfest there. If that doesn't work i know of a place in east mesa that already has computers running windows. I'll ask them if we can use their building for installfest. They also have soda and candy there for sale already.

-gunxfight

soldats
March 26th, 2008, 01:21 AM
hey man long time no talk. it sounds like a good idea. but unfortunately we have a place for phoenix for the install fest. its in peoria. if youre able to come that would be awesome. please look at the latest flyer in the thread for the installfest flyer. if youre able to put any up we'd really appreciate it as well if you can get some people or classmates to go.
i for one appreciate your statement for a place to utilize. come into that channel again and suggest it to johnmc. since we already have a place maybe if your suggestion works it may be possible to have a release party or another installfest location at hand. please keep this in mind as we may in the future be able to use your suggestion to its full potential.
-regards-
_soldats_
-will-

the_master
March 26th, 2008, 04:50 PM
For me peoria is far, And tempe has a lot of people that would be interested in linux. I'll still go to peoria even if i can't get one going at ASU. I'll be sure to tell Johnmc, and i am going to pass out the flyers at my school and around town when they are finished. Thanks for the help Soldats.

soldats
March 30th, 2008, 07:09 AM
the master, please see the install fast planning thread, the current location of the install fest for peoria is listed there. if you need anythin please ask of visit us in the channel again
:)