PDA

View Full Version : Coming soon, the Ohio Ubuntu LOCO branded CD...

zerhacke
February 17th, 2008, 09:59 PM
My wife and I have been working hard lately on a custom Ohio LOCO branded CD. She's done all the artwork and I've put everything together.

Before you see it I'll warn you that we didn't use any artwork previously available to the LOCO, like the icons and what have you that all of you have worked so hard on. The reason for this is because my wife didn't know if there would be ownership problems and we couldn't settle on how to be use the artwork you people have made. I have put a small tribute to my business on the artwork on the branded CD and didn't know if this would conflict with Canonical's ideas.

This is just a trial run, mind you. Nobody here has voted on usage or applicability of this CD we've made as it pertains to the LOCO. It is trivial to redo the graphics we've used to include official LOCO artwork and remaster the CD.

I'm uploading the ISO to our company website as we speak. Given my absolutely fabulous connection it should be uploaded and ready to test out in less than two hours.

Let me know what you guys think please!

trig
February 17th, 2008, 11:06 PM
i am awaiting this release!:guitar:

zerhacke
February 17th, 2008, 11:17 PM
Right about 40 minutes left on the upload... then I can release the URL to the ISO to download and burn.

zerhacke
February 18th, 2008, 12:47 AM
I lost my hosting because I was over the file size limit. Looking for another host...

tnseditor
February 18th, 2008, 04:46 AM
Do you have the usplash for it or any other customized files?

zerhacke
February 18th, 2008, 05:02 PM
Most of it is centered around the image that is attached below. I've done some metacity theming as well but don't have it offhand exactly what I've done there.

_Phineas_
February 27th, 2008, 11:44 PM
You need to add more like a custom theme, or start up sound, or even a screensaver. add crossover and xchat and programs like that. :popcorn: