PDA

View Full Version : Web based email client like Outlook for Ubuntu and Mail Server

ade234uk
February 17th, 2008, 10:11 AM
At work the 5 employees exist by logging in to remote desktop to all read email off one machine. We have one email address that all email gets sent to.

I have toyed with the idea of setting up a mail server in Ubuntu,
but the problem I have is that its hard enough getting users to switch to Firefox, when I show them squirrel mail they will go Nuts and moan and complain that they want Outlook Online.

So the question is, are there any other webmail based clients that look like Outlook or have a familiar feel that can be installed in Ubuntu?

If this is the case, then I may be able to get away with it.

Ardrias
February 17th, 2008, 10:32 AM
Perhaps you could use Citadel (http://www.citadel.org/doku.php)?

helliewm
February 17th, 2008, 10:32 AM
What about Evolution it has an Outlook feel?

Helen

anuban
February 17th, 2008, 10:04 PM
At work the 5 employees exist by logging in to remote desktop to all read email off one machine. We have one email address that all email gets sent to.

I have toyed with the idea of setting up a mail server in Ubuntu,
but the problem I have is that its hard enough getting users to switch to Firefox, when I show them squirrel mail they will go Nuts and moan and complain that they want Outlook Online.

So the question is, are there any other webmail based clients that look like Outlook or have a familiar feel that can be installed in Ubuntu?

If this is the case, then I may be able to get away with it.

What about Thunderbird. It also has the same feel and it is lightweight. And since it is a Mozilla product, so I assume it won't have any issues with Firefox as well.