PDA

View Full Version : How many tabs do you have open on your browser?

Washer
February 17th, 2008, 12:34 AM
Open at the same time, right now!

XVII
February 17th, 2008, 12:36 AM
Open at the same time, right now!

Excuse me?

Sorry for editing, the quoted message was a tad inappropriate. -- HTL

Washer
February 17th, 2008, 12:38 AM
Excuse me?You're gonna want option #5.

Bachstelze
February 17th, 2008, 12:39 AM
Eight. Thread cleaned a bit, and I have the feeling it's not quite over yet.

earobinson
February 17th, 2008, 12:41 AM
lol

y-lee
February 17th, 2008, 12:45 AM
3 instances of FF and 17 tabs, which is doing good for by the way:lolflag:

paintba||er
February 17th, 2008, 12:54 AM
Twenty-three...

samwyse
February 17th, 2008, 01:00 AM
Two, mostly because I just started the browser.

maniacmusician
February 17th, 2008, 01:49 AM
3 instances of firefox with 40 tabs total

Dr Small
February 17th, 2008, 01:57 AM
2 tabs, currently.
I hate getting them cluttered ... I wish there was a Firefox Workspace-Switcher Addon :|

LookTJ
February 17th, 2008, 02:04 AM
at least 40+ tabs and no slow down.

EdThaSlayer
February 17th, 2008, 02:37 AM
I have around 5 open at the moment. One instance of firefox. :D

jpkotta
February 17th, 2008, 03:09 AM
2 Operas, one with 10, another with 2.

p_quarles
February 17th, 2008, 03:14 AM
4 tabs in Swiftweasel. It's hogging some memory, but no slowdowns.

zmjjmz
February 17th, 2008, 03:17 AM
12 tabs with Opera.
I've gone up to 22 before without slow downs.

igknighted
February 17th, 2008, 03:52 AM
1 tab due to not really being on to seriously browse at the moment... but I'm still waiting for a usable keyboard shortcut to switch tabs in FF. As of right now I max out at about 5, and even then I hate it. Control + tab and control + shift + tab? How in hell do you hit ctrl + shift + tab? It's the worst shortcut ever... 3 corners of the keyboard or three fingers from one hand. I hate using separate windows, but alt-tab actually works.

Washer
February 17th, 2008, 04:30 AM
2 tabs, currently.
I hate getting them cluttered ... I wish there was a Firefox Workspace-Switcher Addon :|there is, but it's in alpha. Somewhere in my sig

Washer
February 17th, 2008, 04:32 AM
1 tab due to not really being on to seriously browse at the moment... but I'm still waiting for a usable keyboard shortcut to switch tabs in FF. As of right now I max out at about 5, and even then I hate it. Control + tab and control + shift + tab? How in hell do you hit ctrl + shift + tab? It's the worst shortcut ever... 3 corners of the keyboard or three fingers from one hand. I hate using separate windows, but alt-tab actually works.SwiftTabs

Washer
February 17th, 2008, 04:34 AM
I see the noob:gosu ratio in this forum isnt' too bad. 16% of the people are gosus, 5:1? Except for the trigger happy mods, I might stay here a while.

p_quarles
February 17th, 2008, 04:41 AM
I see the noob:gosu ratio in this forum isnt' too bad. 16% of the people are gosus, 6:1? Except for the trigger happy mods, I might stay here a while.
What does the number of browser tabs you have open have to do with being a noob? I can think of a number of noob-or-not tests, but that isn't one of them.

nonewmsgs
February 17th, 2008, 04:48 AM
in the morning with my coffee i can only open one at a time but late at night fully caffeinated i can totallay rock out my nonN00bness with like 19 at a clik.

22 for meeeee. open up your tabs to me girl.

Washer
February 17th, 2008, 04:51 AM
What does the number of browser tabs you have open have to do with being a noob? I can think of a number of noob-or-not tests, but that isn't one of them.

kay here's how it works. If you're not gosu, you're a noob. By definition. If you don't know whether or not you're a noob, you're a noob. If the test says you're a noob therefore you think the test is wrong, you're a noob. But don't feel too bad; there's got to be someone to make us 20+ tabs people look good.

nonewmsgs
February 17th, 2008, 04:53 AM
i tried to sound like a crackhead in my last post but here i was one-upped.

kay here's how it works. If you're not gosu, you're a noob. By definition. If you don't know whether or not you're a noob, you're a noob. If the test says you're a noob therefore you think the test is wrong, you're a noob. But don't feel too bad; there's got to be someone to make us 20+ tabs people look good.

init1
February 17th, 2008, 04:54 AM
7 tabs in one Iceweasel window. I should probably close a few though.

overdrank
February 17th, 2008, 04:55 AM

:confused:
noob here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gosu

p_quarles
February 17th, 2008, 05:01 AM
Gotcha.

New test: how many encrypted loopback devices are on your hard drive?

Washer
February 17th, 2008, 05:13 AM
i tried to sound like a crackhead in my last post but here i was one-upped.thas rite

Gotcha.

New test: how many encrypted loopback devices are on your hard drive?dunno, truecrypt containers count? Wait.. get your own thread! I'm looking for tips to manage tabs, though I doubt I'll get any.