PDA

View Full Version : Tennessee team still alive??

jdimond
February 16th, 2008, 04:59 AM
Hi, I am moving to the Nashville area next week. I am a member of the Kentucky team. I would like to join the TN team. Is the team still active? If not, is there any interest in bringing it back?

jjtechno
February 16th, 2008, 03:25 PM
Great question,
I am in Chattanooga and wonder the same thing. We haven't been active that I can tell in 2 years. There was some interest in 2007 for a month or so. Now would be a good time to crank it back up. Fits and Starts, would be an good description.
Welcome to Tennessee. I do not get to Nashville often but I know the Ubuntu community is largest in the Nashville area.
Regards,
Glen Harris

matthewcraig
February 17th, 2008, 06:27 AM
Great to have you moving into the local community. :-D What things in mind that you plan to do?

You can:
A) Let us know about your projects and maybe others will help you.
B) Wait quietly for someone else to let you know about their projects and offer to help.
C) Or, as is most popular, simply write messages about how nice it would be if things were different.

You shouldn't count on any unified group activities, in this team. I know the Kentucky LoCo Team has an active lead contact, but very few teams are so fortunate.

Personally, I always have lots of pots on the stove, and I'm looking for assistance with my projects. You're welcome to contact and to coordinate with me.

ECHLON_|-|un73r
October 10th, 2008, 02:13 PM
New member in Chattanooga area. (With family near Knoxville.)

matthewcraig: I don't have much time college & all, plus I am not much more than a user at the moment so give me option B & I'll see if I can scrape up some time.

jjtechno: I agree, let's kick the tires & light the fires, get this going again, ubuntu has been a favorite of mine for awhile now. (since 7.04, I only say has because college wants me to use a piece of software called Labsim Testout & Sony Locationfree Player isn't a good wine program yet either.)

as for my project idea is sit on the teams irc channel & give the bots someone to ping at.
anyone wanting to help on that feel free, after all irc is more fun with more than one.