PDA

View Full Version : Counter strike source install problem

Istonian
February 16th, 2008, 12:06 AM
I am trying to install Counterstrike source on ubuntu. I put in the first disk and all went well until it told me to put in the second sick. So I used win eject and put in the second disk. The installer didnt do anything after that. The second disk is in but it's not doing anything. Anyone know what to do?

Istonian
February 16th, 2008, 03:53 AM
bump... help would be greatly appreciated.

LeXrius
February 16th, 2008, 05:43 AM
Hey,

i dont know about this disk installs but installing from steam works flawlessly if you can wait 2 hours for it to download.

cheers.

Istonian
February 16th, 2008, 03:18 PM
Do you have to pay for it though. I already have the game (obviously). I am new to steam so how do I do this without having to pay again.

Tim0miT
February 16th, 2008, 05:30 PM
Get wine for wineHQ

download the steaminstaller.exe file.
can be found here "http://www.cstrike-planet.com/files/1"

just run the installer through wine by right clicking and open(using wine), or by doing, Alt+F2 and typing wine and raging the installer into the box. the just follow the installation, enter your login details and start downloading. Wont cost you a thing.

i have CSS on disk but it only comes on one disk?? confused about that bit

Istonian
February 16th, 2008, 05:56 PM
I have steam installed already. How do I start downloading.

LeXrius
February 17th, 2008, 01:34 AM
Ok, do you have your CSS cd-keys? because if your account dosent have css in your account to download you must get the cd-key and register it from steam.

cheers.

Istonian
February 17th, 2008, 02:35 AM
I have to key. I clikced authorize product with cd key and it come up with a white screen??? Error with steam/wine???

LeXrius
February 17th, 2008, 05:58 AM
hmm, does sound like a wine bug, you should report it.

Cheers.

Tim0miT
February 21st, 2008, 09:30 PM
dont report it yet!

ok, so you have Wine...

run steam just as you would in windows... go to your "my games" tab and select Counter strike Source, now click the install down in the bottom left of the steam window, and just follow the instructions, wont cost you a or $ where ever your from...:guitar: