PDA

View Full Version : Preview Release Question

MBro
September 28th, 2005, 02:31 AM
If I were to install the Breezy Pre-release today would it be the same as if I were to install breezy on the day it is released if I were to run dist-upgrade? I am currently waititng to setup my streaming webcam in my dorm room because I am planning to reformat my computer as soon as breezy comes out so I figure, what's the point if I'll have to redo it in a week. If I can get the exact same as the normal breezy release I'll just do it tomorrow to get my website underway.

brentoboy
September 28th, 2005, 02:35 AM
come on in, the water's fine

Take the big plunge.

of course they are finishing up the last little bit, so there are new updates available quite frequently, but this is the breezy version, and it will be every bit as much as breezy as installing after it is released - just like installing hoarty and then updating packages gets you the latest hoarty.

darkmatter
September 28th, 2005, 02:44 AM
If I were to install the Breezy Pre-release today would it be the same as if I were to install breezy on the day it is released if I were to run dist-upgrade? I am currently waititng to setup my streaming webcam in my dorm room because I am planning to reformat my computer as soon as breezy comes out so I figure, what's the point if I'll have to redo it in a week. If I can get the exact same as the normal breezy release I'll just do it tomorrow to get my website underway.

I'd think it would be ok. I'm running Breezy myself (and recently reinstalled with Colont 5).

Seeing how Colony 5 is so close to final release, the most likely outcome would be a few package upgrades when 5.10 becomes final.

MBro
September 28th, 2005, 09:10 PM
But will it end up being the same as if I were to install a release copy of breezy when it is released if I were to run dist-upgrade?

aysiu
September 28th, 2005, 09:17 PM
But will it end up being the same as if I were to install a release copy of breezy when it is released if I were to run dist-upgrade? If you have a Breezy preview now, and you keep updating it (regular upgrade, not dist-upgrade), it will be the same on release day as if you just installed a new one on release day.

MBro
September 28th, 2005, 09:24 PM
I suppose I'll take the plunge then

MBro
September 29th, 2005, 12:22 AM
Hmmm, I'm in breezy right now, I like what I see but I'm having some x issues. It won't allow me to use 1600X1200, I even removed all other resolutions out of xorg.conf. Any suggestions? Do I need to configure X specificly to my monitor?