PDA

View Full Version : HowTo get Huawei e220 working on Ubunu 7.1 with Vodafone package

jbb
February 15th, 2008, 06:19 PM
I have drafted a HowTo for connecting Huawei E220 modem on Ubuntu 7.1 using Vodafones driver package. the document is an .odt type file and is `730Mb's in size ue to inclusion of screenshots
how can I submit it for publication here?
Perhaps my findings can help others

Thaks
John

K.Mandla
February 19th, 2008, 08:49 AM
Moved to Forum Feedback and Help.

A guide of that size is probably impossible to post here. If you want to create a thread out of it and link offsite to the screenshots, it might be accepted. Put that together and resubmit it to the Tutorials and Tips subforum, and a staff member will review it. Take a look at the stickies in that area for more guidance.

fikelfikel
October 26th, 2008, 05:47 PM
I have drafted a HowTo for connecting Huawei E220 modem on Ubuntu 7.1 using Vodafones driver package. the document is an .odt type file and is `730Mb's in size ue to inclusion of screenshots

Thaks
John

I don't think u can add it here, but go to www.350.com, get a free trial and put it on ur page. Then put al link here to it, and because there are lots of people here everyday, they will click it.

Oh yeh, just to say, If ur from Ireland and have a three datamodem, use gnome PPP, options, detect modem, it should be USB0. change it to a usb modem, click OK, for password and username, just put 3ireland and for phone number, *99#.

drubin
October 27th, 2008, 12:52 AM

Thaks
John

Have you tried and converted it the images in the screen shot to png's and also try and convert the whole document to pdf I know that can some things HUGELY decrease the size.

Questions:
How many pages/screen shots is it?
What resolution is the screen shots taken at?

jarl69
February 18th, 2009, 09:12 AM
just arrived in new zealand an they only have vodafone got the dongle unlocked was wondering if anyone knows the username an password i should use to make this work ?? ? ? thanking you in anticipation of your reply

mips
February 20th, 2009, 09:47 AM
There is a very long & good thread about this in the Networking section.