PDA

View Full Version : negative product reviews on newegg

johndc
February 14th, 2008, 11:03 PM
they all seem to be written by complete imbeciles and 5-year-olds.

has anyone ever found one that's actually helpful?

tcpip4lyfe
February 14th, 2008, 11:10 PM
I've found a few useful but I tend to agree with you. Depends on the product though.

johndc
February 15th, 2008, 12:20 AM
I've found a few useful but I tend to agree with you. Depends on the product though.

Whenever I read the negative reviews about mobos and CPU's, especially the ones that say "DOA", I always ask myself if the person posting the review is aware of the static electricity threat. I have a feeling most of these "DOA"'s are "SOE"'s.

SomeGuyDude
February 15th, 2008, 12:37 AM
Any negative review that seems to refer to merely getting a dud I ignore unless it happens a lot. It's kind of like reviewing a movie on IMDB with "the DVD was scratched and didn't play".

There aren't enough substantive reviews, which is sad. Equally bad is when people get it in the mail, open the box and look at the product and write a review like "OMG SHINY".

yatt
February 15th, 2008, 01:57 AM
I don't use Newegg. NCIX is allot more popular in Western Canada. However, the same things hit there reviews and forums (I don't know about Newegg, but each product has its own subforum on NCIX). Allot of times you get posts like "Why would you buy a 150GB raptor, when for the same money you can get a 1TB Caviar? You are ripping yourself off" or "Why would you pay $350 for this[Antec P190]? It is ugly as hell and has no leds?"

hhhhhx
February 15th, 2008, 04:50 AM
ya, mostly its just people who have no idea what they are doing...

MrChips
February 15th, 2008, 06:03 AM
I just hate it when people give a bad review because UPS showed up late or smashed thier package, completely moronic.

information_entropy
February 15th, 2008, 07:07 AM
The reviews that say “works with Linux” seem to be written by intelligent technically competent individuals.
They seem to be increasing in frequency recently. :)