PDA

View Full Version : If Linux was to become one flavor tomorrow what of each distribution would you like t

Northstorm1x
February 14th, 2008, 11:31 AM
If Linux was to become one flavor tomorrow what of each distribution would you like to see in it?

Example: Dream Linux dock and g-os search tool with Ubuntu ease of use.

aimran
February 14th, 2008, 12:49 PM
Dream Linux dock is just AWN I think. Anyways my point is that I don't like docks which require compositing.

I for one would like to see Wbar included :)

odiseo77
February 14th, 2008, 01:45 PM
Not sure if I'm getting this, but I'd say Debian's apt-get/synaptic (and .deb packages, of course).

notwen
February 14th, 2008, 03:05 PM
+1 Debian

Stability, never ending repos and is easy enough for new users, while like any Linux distro, has the CLI for the more advanced users who prefer to live in shells. =]

JurB
February 14th, 2008, 03:58 PM
Arch,Gnome, choice between normal "arch way" install and 1 app/task "ubuntu way" install.

hkgonra
February 14th, 2008, 04:37 PM
Ubuntu with the same driver support that Red Hat has.

sunexplodes
February 14th, 2008, 04:40 PM
I'd pretty much go with Arch Linux + KDEmod, with a good, solid graphical frontend for Pacman, along the same lines as Synaptic.

steven8
February 14th, 2008, 04:45 PM
I think it's safe to say that if it would become one, by the time this question is done being answered, you will find that every aspect of eveyrone's favorite distro will have to be included. Thus making it about as many disk an install as there are distros right now. :)