PDA

View Full Version : Is there any alternative to Sticky Notes

Mateo
February 14th, 2008, 01:24 AM
I haven't been able to find one and was wondering if anyone knew of one. does KDE have a sticky notes app?

yabbadabbadont
February 14th, 2008, 01:25 AM
How about a note pad and a pencil? ;)

Mateo
February 14th, 2008, 01:27 AM
what are these "pencils" that you speak of ;)

p_quarles
February 14th, 2008, 01:29 AM
For 3.5, I'm almost sure there's a SuperKaramba widget that would do something like this. For 4, I know that this will be a Plasmoid, as many of the screenshots show mockups of exactly this.

Personally, I'll take Basket over the widgets and the pen/paper. ;)

agim
February 14th, 2008, 01:30 AM
http://www.gnome.org/projects/tomboy/

This is a simple application, but its one of the best I have used since I made the switch to linux a few months ago. Wiki style notes, with great ways link related notes, and launch webpages and email. And incredibly easy to use. Check it out.

Edit: Its not KDE though.

santiagoward2000
February 14th, 2008, 01:34 AM
I haven't been able to find one and was wondering if anyone knew of one. does KDE have a sticky notes app?

Hi!
There's a KDE application called knotes. It's on the repositories, but I haven't use it, so I don't know how good it is.
I use Screenlets, which comes with a Notes screenlet.
Cheers!

Mateo
February 14th, 2008, 01:35 AM
Hmm, I already use Tomboy. To me there is a difference between Notes and Sticky Notes. Notes are quick references that you keep for the future. Sticky Notes are temporary notes that you write down and throw away once you've finished using them. They have different purposes and different needed features.

I don't want my sticky notes to have a title. I don't want my sticky notes to be in a white background. I don't want to have to go through several button presses to get a sticky note.

Essentially I want a stronger version of Sticky Notes. the best sticky notes app I've used is Sticky Notes for Windows (http://www.stickiesforwindows.com/).

Mateo
February 14th, 2008, 01:40 AM
Thanks for the knotes recommendation, I'm trying that now. By the way, there is also rhinote and xpad. I'm going to try those as well.

K.Mandla
February 14th, 2008, 02:10 AM
xpad is my favorite for stickies. I'll take Zim over Tomboy any day.

santiagoward2000
February 14th, 2008, 03:26 AM
Thanks for the knotes recommendation, I'm trying that now. By the way, there is also rhinote and xpad. I'm going to try those as well.

You're welcome! :KS
Tell us how that goes and which one you choose!

SunnyRabbiera
February 14th, 2008, 04:06 AM
I like using basket personally

avilon
February 15th, 2008, 03:12 PM
Xpad is great :)

tgalati4
February 15th, 2008, 04:04 PM
+1 for zim.

der_joachim
February 16th, 2008, 09:46 AM
+1 for basKet. Opera has a sticky notes function as well, but I never tried it since I use basKet, which suits my needs perfectly.