PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Kdevelop C++ compiling problem [ G++ says there's and error in one of std h

dempl_dempl
February 13th, 2008, 02:52 PM
Hi guys,

I'm making some library which actually does something useful, and I'm planing to release it under GPL .

It compiles nicely under Code::Blocks , hence , so it's not library problem.

I don't want to bore you with details , but for some reasons, , I need to work a little bit with Kdevelop.
And here's where we we get to the problem.

When I try to compile clean code , Kdevelop reports and error that :

/usr/include/c++/4.1.3/bits/stl_algobase.h:300: error: ‘memmove’ is not a member of ‘std’
9999999999 errors
/usr/include/c++/4.1.3/i486-linux-gnu/bits/messages_members.h:102: error: ‘strcmp’ is not a member of '‘std’

Has anyone seen that yet?

Once again, code behaves nicely in Code::Blocks, so I doubt it's something to do with Gcc .

Thanks in advance

zanak
February 13th, 2008, 06:30 PM
hi,
you can try to use : using namespace std;
just after you include.

dempl_dempl
February 13th, 2008, 07:40 PM
*snip*

aks44
February 13th, 2008, 07:57 PM
Care to share some (simplified?) code to see if we can reproduce the error?

zanak
February 13th, 2008, 09:31 PM
tks dude :) ou sir lay n3al taboun mouk a welld al 9a7ba

dempl_dempl
February 14th, 2008, 02:57 AM
tks dude :) ou sir lay n3al taboun mouk a welld al 9a7ba
He he, you're nuts , I like you :-) .

Care to share some (simplified?) code to see if we can reproduce the error?

How about whole Kdevelop project ?
There's Code::Blocks project in the same directory.

I'll leave out auxiliary components ( although those are the most important ones ) , in order not to complicate things to much .

if ( you can't reproduce an error)
, It's some configuration thingie at my place;
else
It's a bug;

I'm making a archiving library . It will be called ZipFactory.

It implements couple of very cool design patterns, which I've stolen from Alexandrescu's "The Modern C++ Design" book. This is probably my last project in normal programming, I'm planing to play with AI and NeuralNets when I grow up :-) , [ I'm only 22 now :-D ]

Oh. I've almost forgot, here's the link to project...
www.stosha.net/zipfactor-01-rev3.tar.gz

aks44
February 16th, 2008, 02:57 PM
Sorry for the delay...

I managed to get rid of all STL-related errors... guess what, the compiler doesn't really like when you name one of your files like a file that is part of the standard includes... (string.cpp/.h ;))

Renaming them to strings.cpp/.h (and adjusting your source files accordingly) solved most of the errors, now you're left with way less compilation errors that I didn't try to solve (since they come from your own code, a few missing std:: qualifiers and semicolons as far as I can tell, ...).

Unrelated advice: if you want to distribute your code you'd better stop using links like you do, they are a real PITA for other people (I had to recreate your whole directory tree /home/dule/..., if I hadn't I would have had to relink every single .cpp/.h file in src :shock:)

:D

dempl_dempl
February 16th, 2008, 03:29 PM
He he... it worked!

string.cpp ... I would not see that in even if I've been staring in library for a million years :-) ...

It's strange that it worked in code::blocks , though .

You've seen some libary related error, most likely because I've forgot distribute some file [ what else? :-) ] ...

As far as the links are considered, I didn't do it! , Kdevelop made them . I'll clean them up before I start distributing the library. During the development time, It will do the job.

Ask44, Thanks a lot !

Zwack
February 16th, 2008, 03:41 PM
As far as the links are considered, Kdevelop made them. I'll clean them up before I start distributing it. During the development time, It will do the job.

And that is why I don't like IDEs that make me work the way they want me to...

It's like the original Microsoft FrontPage web pages... they were so full of so much hidden cruft that whenever I came across them I usually spent five minutes removing all of the pointless additions that weren't being used.

Z.

dempl_dempl
February 16th, 2008, 03:57 PM
Well, I'll easily make my own makefile when I've done with testing code.

It's funny how the Kdevelop creates absolute links. I can actually send some post to their Bugzilla... naaaaaah ... No-one ever reads feature requests , even when they're paid for that [ at least I don't :-D ] . Maybe If I send them Bug Report at level SEVERE... that could draw their attention for a couple of seconds....