PDA

View Full Version : The Witcher

RAV TUX
February 13th, 2008, 11:23 AM
So I bought a new game (for Windows) called The Witcher (http://www.thewitcher.com/).

Awesome game, wonderful graphics great story and done very well...

My wife has not let me use the computer for 2 days now.

The only problem I see with The Witcher is that it crashes. Perhaps it's my hardware?...but I would be surprised. I knew that this would happen by reading about the game but the rewards are far better then the drawbacks. Perhaps this is why The Witcher has won many best PC Game of 2007 rewards.

Anyway, any Witcher players out there?

(I'm having a great time watching my wife play) ;)

btw I bought the UK uncensored version.

Great game I not sure why anyone would censor this game.

RAV TUX
February 13th, 2008, 11:49 AM
So I bought a new game (for Windows) called The Witcher (http://www.thewitcher.com/).

The only problem I see with The Witcher is that it crashes. Perhaps it's my hardware?...but I would be surprised. I knew that this would happen by reading about the game but the rewards are far better then the drawbacks. Perhaps this is why The Witcher has won many best PC Game of 2007 rewards.

There appears to be a patch (http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=7466.0) that takes care of most of the problems.

NightwishFan
February 13th, 2008, 11:52 AM
My friend had a problem running it on Vista. He turned some aspects of the graphics down to medium, and that fixed the issue.

kml.krk
March 5th, 2008, 06:02 AM

Yes The games is awesome. I'm so proud othose guys! Finally something that came from Poland and is well known all over the world! And is GOOD :D
by the way - on their official website you can find patch 1.2 as of today and in May 2008 the Witcher enhanced will be available to buy and to download if you already have the original version 1.
cheers
KaMeL

Vitamin-Carrot
March 5th, 2008, 09:17 AM
I thought the witcher was a huge waist of money to be honest

the combat is too simplistic and the story line lacks a certain quality that other rpgs seem to easily produce, the gfx are inconsistent ... where one area will be full of detail and ambiance the next would be mere textures and nothing

RAV TUX
March 5th, 2008, 11:33 AM
Yes The games is awesome. I'm so proud othose guys! Finally something that came from Poland and is well known all over the world! And is GOOD :D
by the way - on their official website you can find patch 1.2 as of today and in May 2008 the Witcher enhanced will be available to buy and to download if you already have the original version 1.
cheers
KaMeLLooking forward to the new patch which will be available for download on or about March 14 before the May release.

My wife loves this game, so that is what is most important to me.

NightwishFan
March 6th, 2008, 04:28 AM
Agreed. Witcher was all hype. Not enough variety but I suppose it was cool enough to keep someone occupied.

fissionmailed
March 6th, 2008, 05:02 AM
Any one watched Yahtzee's review on it? Pretty humorous IMO. :lolflag:

futureproof
March 6th, 2008, 05:43 AM
i have it but not tried it yet, i keep playing PORTAL, one of the best games in recent times, the ending is so great too, I wish they would make more!

aaror
September 16th, 2008, 06:40 PM
Dumb question...
Anyone get it to work with Wine? I only have Ubuntu on my computer...
Thanks.

Swarms
September 16th, 2008, 07:27 PM
Dumb question...
Anyone get it to work with Wine? I only have Ubuntu on my computer...
Thanks.

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=6019

Raffles10
September 16th, 2008, 09:37 PM
I loved playing The Witcher, the crashes were few enough not to be a major problem, it just teaches you to do lots of saves !

I'm playing Neverwinter Nights in Ubuntu, it runs perfectly in Linux and is very easy to install if you can copy the data files over from your Windows partition. It's a few years old now, there's a new version out NWN2, which I tried on Windows, but it's not as good as the original.

It's such a shame there's no other games like NWN a The Witcher for Linux.

Mazza558
September 16th, 2008, 09:53 PM
When anyone bumbs RAV TUX's threads, I always think he's been unblocked/decided to come back :p

LaRoza
September 16th, 2008, 10:03 PM
When anyone bumbs RAV TUX's threads, I always think he's been unblocked/decided to come back :p

Necromanced threads are usually closed. Consider Wine has moved on, this thread no longer is technologically current.

Also, making duplicate accounts to circumvent moderation isn't allowed.