PDA

View Full Version : What Would You Give Her For Vals Day?

bigbrovar
February 13th, 2008, 10:17 AM
i would have really love to give a an ipod since she likes music a lot, but am kind of broke so i guess i would have to settle for taking some NANDO'S Chicken and chips, wine and some chocolate to her at work when she is just about settling down for launch and she least expect it, i hope it would be a surprise , cus i told her that i wont be around doing the val period, so seeing me in her office with her favorite food :lolflag:

graabein
February 13th, 2008, 11:17 AM
A surprise lunch would be more romantic and a nice memory -- IMO, but I'm a guy, what do I know -- and you can always get her a music player for her birthday or Christmas.

We didn't use to celebrate Valentine's Day here in Norway except the last few years. The commercial forces have naturally embraced it and done their usual mind tricks to make every couple believe they should buy expensive gifts and have dinner on fancy restaurants that day.

I'm taking her to a restaurant in any case this week so I'll be good ;) and get her some flowers today also.

Ultra Magnus
February 13th, 2008, 12:05 PM
An Ubuntu live cd - Actually I forgot about valentines day but I'm 10000 miles from home at the moment so thats my excuse

edit: Actually I realised my post wasn't very helpful but last year I got my gf a zombie hunting guide - (Look around you on valentines day and you'll see why) - and she got me a rock and roll dictionary which was cool!

beercz
February 13th, 2008, 01:47 PM
Card and lots of attention. After 20 years of marriage and two kids we can't really go out.

My wife does not like flowers, but I will get her some chocolates.

What about the women in this forum? What would she give her guy for Valentine's day?

Scarath
February 13th, 2008, 01:54 PM
Am I alone in thinking giving random gifts throughout the year are more romantic and thoughful and that Vals Day is a shallow crapfest?

But then again i feel the same about xmas, random gifts are so much more exciting!

Mjölner
February 13th, 2008, 02:28 PM
Am I alone in thinking giving random gifts throughout the year are more romantic and thoughful and that Vals Day is a shallow crapfest?

But then again i feel the same about xmas, random gifts are so much more exciting!

No you're not alone....
but giving them for vals day and xmas too helps puts bigger smiles on faces

I'm going for a home cooked romantic dinner, cooked by me, with flowers and extras on the table. We got young kids, so they'll be in bed later :)

Erwin
February 13th, 2008, 03:14 PM

dashnak
February 13th, 2008, 03:40 PM

You're absolutely right..... We don't celebrate Valentine's Day...

KCPokes
February 13th, 2008, 03:46 PM

You're not alone. I've been with my wife for 12 years now and we've never celebrated the Hallmark holiday of Valentine's day. Our thought is that showing someone how you care throughout the year means far more then showing someone you care a single day throughout the year. Surprising her with flowers in the middle of March, for no reason, means more then when its expected.

billgoldberg
February 13th, 2008, 04:34 PM
I've never give gifts on made hollidays like christmas and valentine. I have nothing to celebrate on those commercial days.

ashmew2
February 13th, 2008, 06:01 PM
When you're in a true relationship , there is no room for a formality such as Valentine's Day.