PDA

View Full Version : Gnomad2

rabid9797
February 13th, 2008, 06:32 AM
i'm sure its been posted about before, but for anyone who isn't satisfied with the repository version(only 2.8.12), i have built the latest version from source(2.9.1) and created a deb.

Included in the .rar is the Gnomad deb, and the dependencies needed to use it.

Why would you need this you ask?

You probably don't actually, but the newer version provides better(And faster) support for MTP devices.

Please don't ask me about how to fix things if they don't work, im just a simple user offering back what i think would be a helpful package to the community..

Hope everything works for you guys though!

imopen
June 19th, 2008, 05:25 PM
i'm sure its been posted about before, but for anyone who isn't satisfied with the repository version(only 2.8.12), i have built the latest version from source(2.9.1) and created a deb.

Included in the .rar is the Gnomad deb, and the dependencies needed to use it.

Why would you need this you ask?

You probably don't actually, but the newer version provides better(And faster) support for MTP devices.

Please don't ask me about how to fix things if they don't work, im just a simple user offering back what i think would be a helpful package to the community..

Hope everything works for you guys though!

thanks, I'll give a try ;)

geoken
June 19th, 2008, 05:35 PM
Can Gnomad take an m3u file and transfer the associated music/create playlist on the player? If not I think I'll stick with Amorok which seems to support my creative Zen better than Gnomad.

sryk
June 19th, 2008, 06:41 PM
must try it

TusharG
July 8th, 2008, 06:35 PM
Hey thanks a lot! With little twicking it worked! Ubuntu 8.04 is shipped with most of the libraries you have packed. But libmtp version 7 is installed on Ubuntu 8.04 while the GNomad2 requires libmtp version 6. So I created a link like this libmtp.so.6 -> libmtp.so.7 and it just works!

MangasColoradas
July 12th, 2008, 09:15 PM
How do you create that link please?

Also I can use the Gnomad in synaptic but not the new one....I didn't read the 'readme' and installed the deb before the dependencies...does that matter?

Martje_001
August 9th, 2008, 01:46 PM
Create the link by doing:

sudo ln -s /usr/lib/libmtp.so.7.1.0 /usr/lib/libmtp.so.6

Sorry for the topickick