PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo rejected MS bid

ukripper
February 11th, 2008, 03:40 PM
Yahoo claims it wasn't in interest of their shareholders to sell it at £22.9bn.

What you think? Is google behind the failure of takeover bid and yahoo realised they don't want to be part of later monopoly?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7239220.stm

hyper_ch
February 11th, 2008, 03:41 PM
Hmmm, as yahoo did not do too well lately it's difficult... if I was in their shoes I guess I would have accepted.

Sslaxx
February 11th, 2008, 03:41 PM
Hard to say what's going on, but I certainly hope Yahoo can avoid being brought by the Beast of Redmond, at least.

Jay Jay
February 11th, 2008, 03:46 PM
I certainly hope Yahoo can avoid being brought by the Beast of Redmond, at least.

Agreed, if MS bought Yahoo the implications of their control over such a prominent search engine would be very grim.

ukripper
February 11th, 2008, 03:54 PM
Hmmm, as yahoo did not do too well lately it's difficult... if I was in their shoes I guess I would have accepted.

Me too !

22.9bn£ is more than enough for shareholders of a company aint doin very well.

BigSilly
February 11th, 2008, 03:58 PM
Maybe they're just pushing MS to offer more. It may not be over yet.

I dunno, I hope it doesn't happen, but it still seems sadly inevitable to me....

ukripper
February 11th, 2008, 04:01 PM
Maybe they're just pushing MS to offer more. It may not be over yet.

I dunno, I hope it doesn't happen, but it still seems sadly inevitable to me....

Well looks like MS is desperate to gets its hands dirty into search side and compete with google but fortunately google is far ahead of this league won't make much difference in Europe atleast where 80% search is done on google and 20% rest according to BBC stats

EDIT:
Just seen update on BBC, yahoo asking for 40$ per share(currently trading at 19.18), they are pushing their luck I guess!

RAV TUX
February 13th, 2008, 06:14 AM
Hard to say what's going on, but I certainly hope Yahoo can avoid being brought by the Beast of Redmond, at least.Deja vu Thread