PDA

View Full Version : iPhone Upgrade and Access Help Needed

GamingMazter
February 10th, 2008, 01:53 PM
I currently have a iPhone running version 1.1.2! I want to upgrade it to 1.1.3 but when I did it before it said I had to restore. Now I am running Ubuntu 7.10 and I was wondering if there is a way to RESTORE (NOT UPGRADE) my 1.1.2 iPhone to version 1.1.3 using the iPhone plugged into Ubuntu 7.10.

Also when I plug the phone in it says a camera has been dectected but I can find where to access the files and look around (like you would with an external hard drive etc...). Is there a way to do this for the iPhone on Ubuntu 7.10?

hhhhhx
February 10th, 2008, 01:57 PM
i rember somebody got access to upload photos / videos, but that was as far as they got. and if you want to look at it like a filesystem, it hast to be cracked. i've looked in to this myself, and there is not realy much you can do with ubuntu on this. maby itunes with wine?

ntetreau
February 11th, 2008, 05:59 PM
Hi, unfortunately, you'll need windows and itunes to do any kind of update/restore work as the USB driver is encrypted. Unfortunately, this also means you won't be able to use vmware, virtualbox or wine to do this.

Once jailbroken, your iphone can be used over wifi with ubuntu to sync music (with album art), and a few other things like calendar, contact and notes to various degrees.