PDA

View Full Version : What to do with laptop parts?

Washer
February 10th, 2008, 01:17 AM
Turns out laptops don't like coffee much. I figure the motherboard is fried? The power LED thing goes on & the fan runs, but everything else remains dark.

Anyway this isn't a troubleshooting thread. I was wondering if anyone knows how to get more mileage out of the parts. For example I've been needing an ebook reader. Any way to get very basic functionality on the cheap?

Whiffle
February 10th, 2008, 01:19 AM
Depends what it was when you started. Might able to find parts for it on ebay. I know I can find plenty on ebay for my t43.

(mines also got drain holes in the keyboard that drain out the bottom of the computer :-P )

Washer
February 10th, 2008, 01:24 AM
is it worth it spending like $200 for a new motherboard when I'm not sure that's even the problem? I guess my question is .. there's 0% brick mode where it is right now & 100% where it was yesterday.... Is there a 10% pdf reading mode for ~$50?

overdrank
February 10th, 2008, 01:32 AM
is it worth it spending like $200 for a new motherboard when I'm not sure that's even the problem? I guess my question is .. there's 0% brick mode where it is right now & 100% where it was yesterday.... Is there a 10% pdf reading mode for ~$50?

HI and my sister had one similar issue and placed it on ebay and the winning bid was $175. Which is not bad considering she remove some of the memory and the hard drive. Maybe worth a shot. :KS