PDA

View Full Version : Warning: Approaching bean count of 4000

kevdog
February 9th, 2008, 04:10 AM
Ok, who cares?!!! I just posted this to yank the chain of the two most recent posts arguing for hiding bean count. Obviously since my bean count is displayed, that pretty much voices my opinion on the entire show/hide bean count controversy. I liken this to the situation of a big bosomed woman -- "If you got'em - flaunt'em!"

sandysandy
February 9th, 2008, 04:11 AM
Cheers!

FuturePilot
February 9th, 2008, 04:14 AM
:lolflag:

Congrats! ;)

Dr Small
February 9th, 2008, 04:15 AM
Awesome! I hope to one day have that many :)
Congratulations ;)

p_quarles
February 9th, 2008, 04:18 AM
::secretly plots to delete 20 of kevdog's oldest posts every day :twisted: ::

Hmm. Did I think that out loud?

kevdog
February 9th, 2008, 04:27 AM
If my first 20 posts to the ubuntu forum were deleted, the community would likely be better off for it! I think my first 100 posts actually dumbed down the community -- everyone was worse off since I had posted!! Hopefully they wont show up? :( ::Secretly worried that if I run for Ubuntu office my old posts would be exposed and my platform would be destroyed!!!! No!!!

Dr Small
February 9th, 2008, 04:29 AM
::secretly plots to delete 20 of kevdog's oldest posts every day :twisted: ::

Hmm. Did I think that out loud?
I'lll take your thoughts before the forum council!!!!
Oh wait, that was just thoughts, right? Hrm...
I guess I can't hold you for your thoughts :) .... although the government would love too....

p_quarles
February 9th, 2008, 04:35 AM
If my first 20 posts to the ubuntu forum were deleted, the community would likely be better off for it! I think my first 100 posts actually dumbed down the community -- everyone was worse off since I had posted!! Hopefully they wont show up? :( ::Secretly worried that if I run for Ubuntu office my old posts would be exposed and my platform would be destroyed!!!! No!!!
We all have those. In my experience, too, the most embarrasing newb posts are in threads that inevitably get bumped once every three months or so.

I'lll take your thoughts before the forum council!!!!
Oh wait, that was just thoughts, right? Hrm...
I guess I can't hold you for your thoughts :) .... although the government would love too....
I'm pretty sure it's illegal to record my thoughts without obtaining a warrant beforehand. ;)

fatality_uk
February 9th, 2008, 01:12 PM
4000, i mean 4000
Only 3850 ish to go
I can feel a botnet being created to catch up. :lolflag:
(How sad would that be :))

forrestcupp
February 9th, 2008, 05:48 PM
How do you get 4000 non-cafe posts in only 1 year?

kevdog
February 9th, 2008, 06:56 PM
You think I have a lot -- look at La Roza.

Sooo many posts -- sooo much wasted time!

fatality_uk
February 9th, 2008, 07:26 PM
You think I have a lot -- look at La Roza.
Sooo many posts -- sooo much wasted time!

I have a feeling that LaRoza is actually a Cyborg, sitting there with 3 keyboards posting to multiples screens in a late 1980's sci-fi kind of way!!! :D

forrestcupp
February 9th, 2008, 10:20 PM
I have a feeling that LaRoza is actually a Cyborg, sitting there with 3 keyboards posting to multiples screens in a late 1980's sci-fi kind of way!!! :D

I think LaRoza has been accused of being a bot.

LaRoza
February 9th, 2008, 10:48 PM
taurus has many more beans than I.

I am a bot, written in Lisp, I admit that.

I am a relatively new member still, so I have time to get more.

yabbadabbadont
February 9th, 2008, 11:07 PM
Behold! (and envy ;))

<serious mode>The number of thanked posts you have is a much better indication of usefulness on the forums. As can easily be seen by comparing LaRoza's number to mine.</serious mode>

kevdog
February 9th, 2008, 11:30 PM
LaRoza's thanks are bot-generated also!

Maybe someone should start a thread "Who has the most thanks?" -- this is just to make those people without any thanks feel bad. And I don't think there is a way to hide your thanks count!

kevdog
February 16th, 2008, 04:30 AM
Reached 4000 -- finally. Id like to thank............................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......

I hate that at the Oscar's -- its really annoying.

oldb0y
February 16th, 2008, 08:49 AM
I liken this to the situation of a big bosomed woman -- "If you got'em - flaunt'em!"

Indeed:mrgreen:

LaRoza
February 16th, 2008, 08:57 AM
Reached 4000 -- finally. Id like to thank............................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......

Don't thank me too soon.

/me goes to move all of your support posts to the Cafe. Yes, it will reduce the beans...

popch
February 16th, 2008, 09:16 AM

Do not forget the Whirled Peas, please.

Liam-Gorham
February 16th, 2008, 09:20 AM
congrats on 4000!