PDA

View Full Version : Need help with a Conky spinoff project.

jr.gotti
February 9th, 2008, 03:01 AM
I posted a similiar thread awhile ago, and got no responses...but here goes again.

I'm working on a project similiar to, and based off of conky, but I'm not too good with programming as of yet, and I'm only a relatively competent scripter.

So I'm looking for people to test and write shell scripts, and people to help with the C/C++/GTK programming / graphics work, and project planning.

Heres the blog where I'm documenting the progress. Have a look and lemme know if you're interested. Any help is greatly appreciated.

http://www.s-online.org

Not looking for fulltime, "consume your life" help...just here and there. So if you need something to do in your spare time, I think this'll fill the void nicely. If I get enough people interested I guess we can get an IRC chat going to discuss details. Thanks!

-Jason

jr.gotti
February 11th, 2008, 10:55 PM
Once again...bump?

aimran
February 12th, 2008, 12:15 AM
If you described what you intend to do then perhaps we might be interested :)

hhhhhx
February 12th, 2008, 12:17 AM
+1

tbroderick
February 12th, 2008, 12:33 AM

Conversely, you could click on the link to his website.

Spiritus is a spinoff project of the lightweight system monitor, Conky. It's aim is to take a modular approach to displaying various system monitors, which is achieved through the use of multiple shell scripts, each outputting certain specs. These scripts can then be added, removed, and their orders changed within Conky's configuration file.

jr.gotti
February 12th, 2008, 12:44 AM

Spiritus is a spinoff project of the lightweight system monitor, Conky. It's aim is to take a modular approach to displaying various system monitors, which is achieved through the use of multiple shell scripts, each outputting certain specs. These scripts can then be added, removed, and their orders changed within Conky's configuration file.

Lol, thank you. Although I probably should have also included it in the post. Heres a direct link the the "about" page.

http://www.s-online.org/Labels/About.html

Somewhere buried in the blog it says that currently I only have a few scripts, or "modules," if you will. I'm currently working on a script that will add the lines needed to display a specific module directly to .conkyrc.

It's eventually gonna work something like this:

jason@laptop:~$spiritus add hostsonline 2

spiritus, obviously is the program name.
add, adds the specified module
"hostsonline" in this case is said specified module
and "2" is position at which this module should be placed.

I definitely need help with the GUI work, no doubt. Secondly, I'm tending to think having this written in C/C++ would be better, but I haven't coded in that in years, and right now I'm only relatively proficient in bash scripting. So I'd need help with that.

Any other questions, just leave a post.

aimran
February 12th, 2008, 01:42 AM

I know but generally if you want help it's best if you make it easier for help to be administered :P