PDA

View Full Version : For any interested GFX Artists

Changturkey
February 9th, 2008, 02:30 AM
If you would like to help create some artwork for a small, but growing Ubuntu derivative, please either post in this thread or send a personal message, further details will follow. Any type of artist is encouraged, and all artwork will be evaluated. :)

kool_kat_os
February 9th, 2008, 05:24 AM
whats "derivative" mean....?

Changturkey
February 10th, 2008, 02:07 AM
whats "derivative" mean....?

Something that is created out of something else, using many of the "parents" characteristics.

Changturkey
February 21st, 2008, 02:56 AM
Sorry for double posting and reviving a somewhat dead thread, but this Ubuntu derivative really needs some artists, and any willing to spend a little time on the project is great. Our forums are very active, and friendly, and we are close to a new Gutsy based release, so if you are interested, please post here or personal message me. Thank you for your time.

DeadSuperHero
February 21st, 2008, 03:44 AM
Well, first off, ask yourself:
What makes your deriavative different from Ubuntu? What are you going to call it? What software is being packaged with it? What kind of machines will it run on? Will you host your own repositories, or just use Ubuntu's? What Desktop Environment will you use?

I think it'd be best to plan out a roadmap of what you're going to do to be different, showcase your ideas, and then you'll get some artists.
Also, it can't hurt to be fluent in a few programming languages. C, Python, and Java, as well as a basic understanding of GTK+ and QT can't hurt.

Istonian
February 21st, 2008, 03:45 AM
I would be interested in making some artwork.

Changturkey
February 21st, 2008, 05:00 PM
It is not my derivative, I just help out. They need some artists, and I am just getting the news out there for them. The distro is based off Kubuntu, and has a concept similar to CNR, but on a smaller scale, it is still in the works, but as their supposed artwork leader, I need to get some things going. The link to their main page is
http://www.klikit-linux.com/, which needs some work itself, but if you need any more details, please look in to the forum.