PDA

View Full Version : I am giving up smoking on MONDAY

fatality_uk
February 8th, 2008, 11:44 PM
I know the usual stuff to do, when I want a smoke put £1 into a jar etc, but anyone got any more creative ways to give up my crazing!!! Please help.

I think I have quite good self-control and will power so hopefully it won't be that bad, but if I do get tempted, just want to have a backup plan!!!

Ideas please

p_quarles
February 9th, 2008, 12:14 AM
If you use Firefox:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/444

LaRoza
February 9th, 2008, 12:17 AM
Don't smoke? Stop now, don't put it off.

%hMa@?b<C
February 9th, 2008, 12:24 AM
why wait? dump those bones now :P

~LoKe
February 9th, 2008, 12:28 AM
I used to chew a tin of tobacco a day. I recently decided to just quit cold turkey. I also quit smoking cigars every day, and drinking coffee the first thing in the morning. Today is just over 4 weeks, and I decided to reward myself with a tin. I think having a cigarette/cigar/chew once in a while isn't a big deal.

fatality_uk
February 9th, 2008, 12:36 AM
why wait? dump those bones now :P

I'm giving up Monday because over the weekend Ill be out and tempted to smoke, so come Monday morning, ill be working so wont hve much time to smoke ;) There's a method to my madness :lol:

Kingsley
February 9th, 2008, 12:38 AM
Subject yourself to watching 2 girls, 1 cup while eating every time you smoke a cig.

xc3RnbFO8P
February 9th, 2008, 12:42 AM
I'm giving up Monday because over the weekend Ill be out and tempted to smoke, so come Monday morning, ill be working so wont hve much time to smoke ;) There's a method to my madness :lol:

If cant stop smoking in the weekend, you cant.
If it is not the right time, you cant.

p_quarles
February 9th, 2008, 12:43 AM
If cant stop smoking in the weekend, you cant.
If it is not the right time, you cant.
Actually, I've known people to be successful with this kind of plan. Starting on a day when you have other things to distract you is a good idea, I think.

hhhhhx
February 9th, 2008, 12:52 AM
Subject yourself to watching 2 girls, 1 cup while eating every time you smoke a cig.
while eating..... chocolate ice cream

xc3RnbFO8P
February 9th, 2008, 12:55 AM
Actually, I've known people to be successful with this kind of plan. Starting on a day when you have other things to distract you is a good idea, I think.

I have failed many times, I finally stopped smoking 28. apr. 1985.

RAV TUX
February 9th, 2008, 12:58 AM
I know the usual stuff to do, when I want a smoke put £1 into a jar etc, but anyone got any more creative ways to give up my crazing!!! Please help.

I think I have quite good self-control and will power so hopefully it won't be that bad, but if I do get tempted, just want to have a backup plan!!!

Ideas pleaseJust don't do what my friend did, he stopped smoking and now dips.

Try the Kojac method.