PDA

View Full Version : Game ideas wanted.....

Aetherius
February 6th, 2008, 03:59 PM
Hey all....

I've developed a basic physics - gravity blah blah thingy in flash. It was a product of procrastination and now I think it could make a good basis for a game of some description. Just wondering if anyone had any good ideas......

Check it out at http://labs.thegrieve.co.uk/celestiallife/celestiallife.swf

Controls are simple, click to create a new body, body size is decided by how long you hold the button down.

Any ideas and comments are welcome!

Aeth

P.S. Leave out the "flash is proprietary software...." moan moan, I know, I still like it ;)

Scarath
February 6th, 2008, 04:15 PM
Like it but i have a couple of troubles.

1. Small bodies dont get Smaller bodies in their orbit (like the moon going round the earth while the earth goes round the sun). Dont know if this is an issue for you?

2. No alien space craft.

Aetherius
February 6th, 2008, 04:28 PM
Its a pure gravity simulation (without collisions), the conditions can exist for nested orbits, but its unlikely in such a small scale demo, however i assure you that each and every body exerts an appropriate force on each every other body (trust me on this one, testing this with hundreds of bodies made my head hurt and arrays explode). I have, using two large bodies and several small bodies, managed to achieve a few different sustained orbits :)

mridkash
February 6th, 2008, 07:43 PM
I'm a Flash Programmer too, and your idea is cool.
We can make a game out of it.

Would you mind sharing the source files?

original_jamingrit
February 7th, 2008, 03:41 AM
Maybe some sort of gravity golf? Start with one body, and create other bodies to get it to hit its target/destination?

BTW, that looks really cool. It'd even make a cool-looking screen saver or something as well.

days_of_ruin
February 7th, 2008, 04:08 AM
Wow that cool.

As for a game heres my idea:You control a little spaceship but it cant fly very it just jumps from planet to planet when they are close enough.You would start out at the the edge of the screen and then planet hop to some stationary(or not) planet.

Vadi
February 7th, 2008, 06:06 AM
It's like the Slingshot game (click (http://getdeb.net/search.php?keywords=slingshot)). Pretty cool though, I'd love future games.

(while I don't have anything against the fact that flash is proprietary, I do dislike it because it eats a lot of CPU. Like with 11 different sized planets on there, the small ones were jumping, and the cpu meter was quite high)