PDA

View Full Version : Happy Chinese New Year!

ezphilosophy
February 6th, 2008, 11:20 AM
Just want to say Happy Chinese New Year from Shanghai! (Also known as Spring Festival)
The fireworks are going off pretty much non-stop here and by midnight (it's about 6:15 pm here now) it will get pretty crazy. Not to mention it will go all night! Sleepless in Shanghai.

春节快乐!

ghosTM55
February 6th, 2008, 11:48 AM
哈哈,我也想来这里发新春祝福呢!
新年快乐!
今天看到ubuntu首页为我们中国祝福阿,很温暖
而且LZ是上海的。。。吾看到侬发帖老结洞额。。。:lolflag:

RAV TUX
February 6th, 2008, 12:01 PM
Just want to say Happy Chinese New Year from Shanghai! (Also known as Spring Festival)
The fireworks are going off pretty much non-stop here and by midnight (it's about 6:15 pm here now) it will get pretty crazy. Not to mention it will go all night! Sleepless in Shanghai.

春节快乐!

恭喜發財
Happy New Year (Congratulations and best wishes for a prosperous New Year!)

p_quarles
February 6th, 2008, 12:36 PM
Please remember the Ubuntu Forums Code of Conduct, which states:

Please try to write your posts in English unless you are participating in a Loco Forum, where you are permitted to use another language if it is in common use in that Loco Forum and understood by the Loco Forum staff. We have many users from many different countries that visit here and English is the common language of these forums.
While there is obviously nothing wrong with the intent of this thread, it is against the rules to communicate in languages other than English in this forum. The reason for this is simple: the staff cannot do it's job if we can't read what you write.

All replies to this this thread should be in English.

hyper_ch
February 6th, 2008, 12:41 PM
What kind of year is it now? Year of the Dragon? Tiger? Rat? ...?

ameba
February 6th, 2008, 01:18 PM
Happy New Year from a satellites perspective

wieman01
February 6th, 2008, 01:33 PM
哈哈,我也想来这里发新春祝福呢!
新年快乐!
今天看到ubuntu首页为我们中国祝福阿,很温暖
而且LZ是上海的。。。吾看到侬发帖老结洞额。。。:lolflag:

新年快乐!

Happy New Year!

wieman01
February 6th, 2008, 01:34 PM
What kind of year is it now? Year of the Dragon? Tiger? Rat? ...?
The Year of the Rat!

Depressed Man
February 6th, 2008, 01:55 PM
Happy Chinese New Year! (well I live in the USA). So technically I'm doing the whole family dinner thing tonight and tomorrow it's New Year.

%hMa@?b<C
February 6th, 2008, 03:40 PM
tomorrow is chinese new year in boston. I would go down to chinatown to see it, but it is raining so much now that I have a feeling that tomorrow will be bad weather.

Kingsley
February 6th, 2008, 04:03 PM
Did you know that the Vietnamese celebrate Chinese New Year also?

The more you know!

proalan
February 6th, 2008, 06:02 PM
Happy new year, from a bbc in birmingham.

(bbc -> British Born Chinese)

Linuxratty
February 8th, 2008, 12:25 AM
A friend of mine,who is a Budd est throws a Chinese new Years party every year and the party itself grows every year..There will be food,costumes,live music,and of course,a traditional dragon dance.
I'm so looking forward to it. So happy new year everybody!

http://macaudailyblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/year-of-the-rat.jpg

Depressed Man
February 8th, 2008, 06:12 AM
Did you know that the Vietnamese celebrate Chinese New Year also?

The more you know!

Yup, alot of countries with heavy Chinese influence (well not Japan anymore since they kinda ditched it) celebrate it. Though they tend to call it Lunar New Year.

RAV TUX
February 8th, 2008, 06:52 AM
恭喜發財
Happy New Year (Congratulations and best wishes for a prosperous New Year!)Translated for English speakers enjoyment. ;)

FrankVdb
February 8th, 2008, 09:48 AM
我也說:新年快樂!

insane_alien
February 8th, 2008, 12:33 PM
i went and celebrated that with some chinese exchange students from beijing university. just got home there. not sure what happened to yesterday.

seshomaru samma
February 8th, 2008, 01:28 PM
Happy new year
新年快乐
恭喜发财
万事如意

cnbiz850
February 8th, 2008, 03:51 PM
Hi there!
Happy new year from the beautiful Xishuangbanna of Yunnan Province!