PDA

View Full Version : What would you want out of a CSS forum?

ThinkBuntu
February 5th, 2008, 08:10 AM
I'm on the home stretch of development for the new CSS Forums website, and I'd like to ask everyone here if they have any feature requests. You know, the sort of things what would really make the user experience well-customized for CSS support. An example is code highlighting. The new forum highlights CSS, and will probably also have support for HTML and JavaScript highlighting.

So, what would you all like? Sky's the limit, but simplicity is favored over robustness in the spirit of 37Signals' Getting Real (http://gettingreal.37signals.com/).

ThinkBuntu
February 6th, 2008, 01:31 AM
Thought I'd bump this up since it was originally posted at 3AM or so.

LaRoza
February 6th, 2008, 01:37 AM
Will it have the forum and wiki like the last one?

ThinkBuntu
February 6th, 2008, 03:02 AM
Of course :^)

I'm more curious about "sub-features" that you guys would like. There will definitely be a forum, a wiki, original content, and a user-submitted gallery, so you know what we're working with. My mind's open to all sorts of development, and I'll be steadily improving the site after the launch.

LaRoza
February 6th, 2008, 03:16 AM
Of course :^)

I'm more curious about "sub-features" that you guys would like. There will definitely be a forum, a wiki, original content, and a user-submitted gallery, so you know what we're working with. My mind's open to all sorts of development, and I'll be steadily improving the site after the launch.

That seems enough for me.

Perhaps an online style tester? A text box where one could play with applying CSS?

ThinkBuntu
February 6th, 2008, 04:42 AM
That could definitely be done. I'll poke around and see what my options are...

I'm probably going to spend quite a bit of time developing tools to aid with CSS development...baseline font and line-height generators, etc. Similar to DynamicDrive, but better-designed and more focused.

Kadrus
May 7th, 2008, 09:07 AM
i know this is kinda of a late post...but the site seems to be down..?