PDA

View Full Version : Dev C++ for Linux?

solarwind
February 5th, 2008, 07:10 AM
Hey all, I've been looking for a nice C/C++ IDE for Linux similar to Bloodshed Dev C++. I don't like Anjuta. I love KDevelop but hate how it likes to produce huge, complicated makefiles and all with a host of other files. Is there a nice, simple IDE similar to Dev C++ for Linux? Something which produces clean makefiles, nice project structure and all?

LaRoza
February 5th, 2008, 07:23 AM
See the stickies, this exact question was asked.

solarwind
February 5th, 2008, 07:32 AM
See the stickies, this exact question was asked.

Can you please link me to the "sticky"? The search will not let me search for th terms "dev c++" and then there's the annoying wait times for searching...

LaRoza
February 5th, 2008, 07:37 AM
Can you please link me to the "sticky"? The search will not let me search for th terms "dev c++" and then there's the annoying wait times for searching...

FAQ: Computer Programming in Linux

It is in the section marked "Sticky Threads", on the top.

DamagePlan
February 5th, 2008, 10:14 PM
I think dev c++ is included in the wine applications database.

LaRoza
February 5th, 2008, 10:17 PM
I think dev c++ is included in the wine applications database.

Yes, but it will produce Windows executables, which probably work in Wine, but if one is going to do this, what is the point of using Linux?

solarwind
February 5th, 2008, 10:22 PM
Yes, but it will produce Windows executables, which probably work in Wine, but if one is going to do this, what is the point of using Linux?

True. Also, Codeblocks seems to be nice. Looks like I'll be making me own IDE... KDevelop is nice but the makefile generation and all is much too complicated.