PDA

View Full Version : Kazehakase Is A Great Browser!

koldphlame
February 5th, 2008, 01:35 AM
If you haven't dowloaded the Kazehakase web browser yet you should it is SUPER FAST

:)

nynoah
February 5th, 2008, 01:47 AM
do you have a link to it? I can not find where to download it from.

jan quark
February 5th, 2008, 01:48 AM
it can be found via synaptic packet manager

I use it right now :)

Dr Small
February 5th, 2008, 01:52 AM
I use it on my server because it is lightweight.
I heard about it from K.Mandla :)

nynoah
February 5th, 2008, 01:52 AM
I'll give it a whirl then. I wonder if it is better than my 64bit 9.5 opera browser. If you have not tried that, its pretty good. Its the betta version and it works pretty well.

Noah

koldphlame
February 5th, 2008, 01:55 AM
i found it while reading forums and love it i runs faster than FIREFOX

:)

~LoKe
February 5th, 2008, 01:57 AM
Firefox runs fine for me...

SOULRiDER
February 5th, 2008, 01:58 AM
I like Opera, but im gonna check this one out.

zmjjmz
February 5th, 2008, 01:59 AM
Agreed
It came with Fluxbuntu, and it's very.
very.
very.
fast.

sports fan Matt
February 5th, 2008, 02:02 AM
im downloading it now...gonna give it a shot...:)

nynoah
February 5th, 2008, 02:09 AM
I have Kazehakase running now. Not sure if it is faster or not. But it seems to be working fine. So far the best running browser for me has been the 64bit version of swiftweasel.

manimal347
February 5th, 2008, 04:17 AM
I found it buggy and unprofessional, but that was the version packaged with Edgy Eft/Etch, which is pretty darn old by now. Epiphany is good if you intend to use Gnome applications.

Polygon
February 5th, 2008, 08:07 AM
its buggier then most browsers, but the one in the repos is like 6 versions old.

i use it on my old 400mhz computer.

I hate at least in the repo edition, it doesnt have a history, and doesnt save url history either.

orange2k
February 5th, 2008, 08:15 AM
I have tried a lot of browsers, but I still prefer Swiftweasel (optimized Firefox)...
Kazehakaze is nice, so is Epiphany (Im looking forward to Epiphany being based on Webkit-engine), but Swiftweasel is my favorite (it even comes with a few usefull add-ons preinstalled)...

http://swiftweasel.tuxfamily.org/

SomeGuyDude
February 5th, 2008, 08:17 AM
How many people have honestly found their browser that slow? I dunno, maybe I do something wrong here but Swiftweasel loaded up wtih crap has always treated me great. I'm sure I could shave some milliseconds off here or there, but if I have to choose between a 4.5ms and a 13ms opening, but the former can't use tabs and has no extensions...

Warpnow
February 5th, 2008, 09:48 AM
I ran a p2 250mhz recently and tried Kazehakase. It was very slow on that machine. Opera was faster. I couldn't even get firefox to start up.

I think Opera is the fastest browser without going to things like Dillo.

But, you're right, its more about what you like than weight as long as your machine can handle it.

graabein
February 5th, 2008, 09:55 AM
I have an old box with Xubuntu 7.10 and Firefox. Next time I'm on it I'll try Kazehakase and Opera cause Firefox is obviously pretty slow on that machine.

linuxisfree
February 7th, 2008, 03:10 AM
I'm currently using Firefox, but its kinda slow and i've been meaning to change it. Can i uninstall Firefox without ruining anything?

EDIT: Have Epiphany browser installed also (just testing) but when i try to remove Firefox it also removes Epiphany, anyone know why? (So am removing Epiphany, and going to test Kazehakase)
And do you think it would do the same with Kazehakase?

zakirs
February 10th, 2008, 02:15 PM
I'm currently using Firefox, but its kinda slow and i've been meaning to change it. Can i uninstall Firefox without ruining anything?

EDIT: Have Epiphany browser installed also (just testing) but when i try to remove Firefox it also removes Epiphany, anyone know why? (So am removing Epiphany, and going to test Kazehakase)
And do you think it would do the same with Kazehakase?
hey try ephiphany its great .. it is very fast and also if uj are a gnome user you would love it

helliewm
February 10th, 2008, 02:25 PM
It does seem any difference to Firefox for me?

Helen

linuxisfree
February 10th, 2008, 04:22 PM
hey try ephiphany its great .. it is very fast and also if uj are a gnome user you would love it

You're right, it is great! Simple, not much of a Resource Hog... but again, my problem is that whenever i try to uninstall my firefox, it also uninstalls my Epiphany... Know why?

Polygon
February 10th, 2008, 04:31 PM
can anyone get kazehakase to compile on xubutnu? i tried to compile the latest version but i always run into some error, it compiles fine on regular ubuntu

k2t0f12d
February 10th, 2008, 05:16 PM
Also available for Debian. Downloaded and testing now. First impressions are of course speed. Its slicker then greased lightning off a hog's back. It sometimes hangs or crashes when selecting options from the menubar drop-down menus on this rig. Your mileage may vary. Definately worth looking at. Very exciting.

ameba
February 10th, 2008, 06:10 PM
It's different!

I went

spupy
February 10th, 2008, 11:57 PM
You're right, it is great! Simple, not much of a Resource Hog... but again, my problem is that whenever i try to uninstall my firefox, it also uninstalls my Epiphany... Know why?

Epiphany depends on Firefox because it also uses the Gecko engine.

Is there a way to customize the interface of Kazehakaze, beyond these 3 levels you can choose? It's the interface that's been bugging me about this program.

Little offtopic: I was just trying to compile Epiphany with WebKit. But the svn versions somehow don't match. But (lightweight Epiphany)+(the fast new WebKit)=win and awesome?

linuxisfree
February 11th, 2008, 07:35 AM
Epiphany depends on Firefox because it also uses the Gecko engine.

What about Kazehakase? The same?

spupy
February 11th, 2008, 08:44 AM
Wikipedia says Kazehakase also uses Gecko. You can check the dependancies of Kazehakase in Synaptic.

SomeGuyDude
February 11th, 2008, 08:56 AM
Hm. Okay, my impressions.

1) Yes, it's fast. Very fast.

2) All the same issues with dark themes that Firefox has.

3) Clean look. Not painfully sleek, but clean.

4) Extremely unintuitive little problems. If I open a new tab, it's in the background. If I click on that tab to focus it, my cursor doesn't automatically go to the URL bar. So while on Opera/Firefox if I want a new window I can hit ctrl+T and just start typing, here I have to hit ctrl+T, click on the new tab, then click on the URL bar. That almost counteracts any speed benefits because it's such a PITA.

5) Cool icon.

virx
February 19th, 2008, 07:50 PM
I have been using it for half a year and it is faster than FF. Hoped that with not many features it must be secure browser, but dunno about gecko thing - probably this browser will have the same holes as Firefox.

The biggest problem is the same:

4) Extremely unintuitive little problems. If I open a new tab, it's in the background. If I click on that tab to focus it, my cursor doesn't automatically go to the URL bar. So while on Opera/Firefox if I want a new window I can hit ctrl+T and just start typing, here I have to hit ctrl+T, click on the new tab, then click on the URL bar. That almost counteracts any speed benefits because it's such a PITA.

It really is uncomfortable.

billgoldberg
February 19th, 2008, 07:55 PM
I have it installed.

I have alot of browsers installed (ff3b3, epihany, opera, kazehakase, flock, netscape 9, songbird (:p). )

I however use epiphany 99% of the time.

But since I have it installed anyway, I'll use it for a while.

Since I have a modified hosts file I don't need adblockers.

edit: I won't use it as it has no RETURN button. Or atleast i didn't find one fast enough.