PDA

View Full Version : Best Superbowl XLII Advert?

fenwik
February 4th, 2008, 08:25 PM
Hey everyone, I hope my fellow sports fans enjoyed the superbowl last night, but with the superbowl over it's time for the big question:

Which superbowl ad was the best of all time?

I got a list going on here (http://www.hiup.com/page_toplist.php?id=127), feel free to rate and add to it.

igknighted
February 4th, 2008, 08:45 PM
The ads were better this year then they have been in some time... but the game completely trumped them, to the point where I almost think it is blasphemous to bring them up.

That said, the webcam-baby one with the clown in the background has to take the cake for me. The use of "extra coin" in that situation, coupled with the single best line of any add "I totally underestimated the creepiness" makes that a clear winner.

walkerk
February 4th, 2008, 08:47 PM
That said, the webcam-baby one with the clown in the background has to take the cake for me. The use of "extra coin" in that situation, coupled with the single best line of any add "I totally underestimated the creepiness" makes that a clear winner.

I must agree. :D

n3tfury
February 4th, 2008, 08:51 PM
Audi RS8

thewaffler20
February 4th, 2008, 08:56 PM
Will Ferrel...Suck One...nuff said.

Sunflower1970
February 4th, 2008, 09:01 PM
I was kind of disappointed with them this year. Just glad the game was really great though.

The two top ones for me were the Bridgestone squirrel scream and their other one with Richard Simmons and Alice Cooper in it.
Pepsi Justin Timberlake one was funny, but I saw it a few days before the Superbowl...so it doesn't count :)
The Bud Light one with the guy who brings the big thing of cheese to a party
Budweiser with the Clydsdale and the Dalmation
The one for the Disney/Pixar movie Wall-e

fenwik
February 4th, 2008, 09:03 PM
Audi RS8

I want that car

~LoKe
February 4th, 2008, 09:04 PM
The commercials sucked and the half-time show blew big time.

Very disappointing year.

fenwik
February 4th, 2008, 09:25 PM

Very disappointing year.
But you gotta admit it was nice to see the patriots lose
:popcorn:

Kingsley
February 4th, 2008, 09:42 PM
I really liked the Budweiser commercial where Mencia tries to teach the immigrants how to pick up chicks. At the end, a hot chick chooses some weird Indian dude over him. Funny stuff...

P.S. - Go to this site to watch any Super Bowl ads that you missed: http://www.myspace.com/superbowlads

fenwik
February 4th, 2008, 09:47 PM
I really liked the Budweiser commercial where Mencia tries to teach the immigrants how to pick up chicks. At the end, a hot chick chooses some weird Indian dude over him. Funny stuff...

P.S. - Go to this site to watch any Super Bowl ads that you missed: http://www.myspace.com/superbowlads

My one problem with Budweiser commercials is, they find a new awesome commercial concept, and then proceed to kill the idea to death....remeber the budwesier frogs/lizards etc?

macogw
February 4th, 2008, 10:56 PM
I'm in Washington, DC and was with some guys who work for a political thinktank, so when Obama came on right after McD's, one guy pauses it with Tivo and goes "get back here! you gotta see this!" to his friend who was about to step outside for a cigarette. He rewound to the beginning of the commercial and we all watched it and then they went "wow....that's great. Can you believe he paid for Superbowl advertising, right after half time? That's like $5,000,000! That's more than two full days of fund-raising!"

Very disappointing year.
It was Tom Petty! You fail at the 70s!

fenwik
February 4th, 2008, 11:09 PM
I'm surprised at the political ads during the game.

~LoKe
February 4th, 2008, 11:13 PM
It was Tom Petty! You fail at the 70s!

That's just it; I've heard Tom Petty every day of my life for the last 20 years; just once I'd like a Petty-free day. Plus, he's starting to look like John Lennon.

fenwik
February 4th, 2008, 11:52 PM
Plus, he's starting to look like John Lennon.

funny I don't see it.

maybeway36
February 4th, 2008, 11:52 PM
I think the political ads were local.

fenwik
February 4th, 2008, 11:55 PM
I think the political ads were local.

Yeah but still a lot of local political ads

Ender Black
February 5th, 2008, 01:01 AM
With respect to previous years, this crop of Super Bowl ads pretty much blew. I didn't notice one original or surprising end. Although, the Audi RS8 ad was awesome...they could have put a photo of the car up for thirty seconds and that would have been fine by me. I probably would even pause it :)

But compared with the Budweiser "Streaker", the "1984" MacIntosh ad, et al, nothing struck me as spectacular. Thank goodness the fourth quarter rallies were so great to evaporate the fail of the rest of the game and the lackluster adverts.

Ohh...although typically lewd, the Danica Patrick "Full Exposure" ad on godaddy.com was brilliant.

smartboyathome
February 5th, 2008, 01:09 AM
My fav. was the one about life water, tied with the one with the screeming squirrel. Third place were the ones with the baby on a webcam.

days_of_ruin
February 5th, 2008, 01:12 AM
Audi RS8
The godfather one?Yah that one was awesome.
But really this year unlike the last few the game really outshined the commercials:D(I was rooting for the giants btw)

bobbybobington
February 5th, 2008, 02:49 AM
The Doritos one with the mouse was hysterical, I was still laughing after it was over.