PDA

View Full Version : Laptop speakers trouble

banjobacon
February 3rd, 2008, 11:00 PM
I'm having trouble with my laptop's speakers, and was wondering if anyone here has had to deal with this sort of problem and can provide some advice. This isn't an Ubuntu issue, or else I would post it in the proper support forum.

I thought my laptop's speakers had stopped working entirely, but I just discovered that the speakers don't work when the laptop's screen is open past a certain point, about 60 degrees or so. When the screen is down, or just slightly open, the speakers work fine. The speakers are attached to the screen.

I guess there's a problem with the wiring. Does anyone have any experience dealing with their laptop's wiring, or know any good online resources. The laptop's out of warranty, and I don't use the laptop's speakers enough to pay to have it repaired (I use headphones). I probably won't attempt to fix this myself, as I'd be likely to break something I do care about, but I'm still interested in reading up on what a fix would involve.

The laptop is a Dell Inspiron 700m.

hessiess
February 3rd, 2008, 11:30 PM
probaly just a luse/worn wire

mips
February 4th, 2008, 12:13 AM
probaly just a luse/worn wire

+1 This sounds like a hardware issue.

original_jamingrit
February 4th, 2008, 03:04 AM
If it's a simple wiring problem, I'd suggest taking it to a local repair shop. Big chain stores like Futureshop tend to overcharge for small problems like that.