PDA

View Full Version : Innapropriate Thread Deletion

majikstreet
September 24th, 2005, 02:57 AM
Hi,
I posted a thread with my own views about the quality of this forum, and I noticed it was deleted. I would like to know why whoever deleted my thread keeps other threads.

My thread was aimed not to put down other people, but for constructive critisism.

I am not trying to be a troll, but honestly!

Azz remarked that the threads I posted about were for discussion. My thread was for discussion. Why only delete mine?

Why can't it be moved to this forum?

What is going wrong?

majikstreet

xequence
September 24th, 2005, 03:39 AM
Yea, it was quite odd... Exactly what was being talked about, happened :/

kassetra
September 24th, 2005, 03:42 AM
Hi,
I posted a thread with my own views about the quality of this forum, and I noticed it was deleted. I would like to know why whoever deleted my thread keeps other threads.

My thread was aimed not to put down other people, but for constructive critisism.

I am not trying to be a troll, but honestly!

Azz remarked that the threads I posted about were for discussion. My thread was for discussion. Why only delete mine?

Why can't it be moved to this forum?

What is going wrong?

majikstreet

While I can't claim to be the one to remove your thread, I can offer some information.

As you yourself stated, many of the threads have lately become, somewhat intolerant, and quick to be incendiary. I have posted a reply to your call for help, here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=68675

I know you were merely asking for discussion, but given the recent tendency for people to be very quick to anger, could you possibly think about re-phrasing your post? Maybe as a general, "how can we better inform people and also stay calm ourselves," your question might be less accusatory (it seemed possibly like you were accusing people of being too hostile - which, if people were being too hostile, that would be a very bad opening for discussion.)

Would you consider re-phrasing and reposting your question to people? I would like to see a discussion continue on how we can better the communications in the community chat especially.