PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Fundraising drive: get LaRoza CLRS: Introduction to Algorithms!

CptPicard
February 3rd, 2008, 07:28 PM
<snip />, fundraising cancelled :)

Wybiral
February 3rd, 2008, 08:39 PM
I would pitch in if I could, unfortunately I'm incredibly broke. :( Thanks for the book recommendation though, I'll have to remember that one.

CptPicard
February 3rd, 2008, 09:11 PM
It's unfortunate the minimum is $5, I was hoping for something in the $2 range. But let's see if we can get there -- after all, Amazon sells used copies as well. :)

pmasiar
February 4th, 2008, 04:18 AM
...I've been quite amazed by our mod LaRoza's pace in learning the ropes in programming. However, it feels to me that it is time for her to up her game by moving from languages to the more abstract algorithm level.
(If I lived closer, LaRoza would probably get mine for indefinite loan...)

Maybe you can just send the book via, you know, snail-mail? I bet that postage will be less than $10 for cheap slow package. And you can get your next copy when student will sells their used copies at the end of school-year - some universities here have even book bins where students drop old books and people can pick any for free.

shaggy999
February 4th, 2008, 06:29 AM
I used that book for my intro to algorithms class, very good book! Unfortunately it was the ONE book that disappeared!

ruy_lopez
February 4th, 2008, 07:47 AM
!

Vadi
February 4th, 2008, 07:53 AM
Use alibris.com to buy the books. They're incredibly cheap there, and they do deliver.

http://www.alibris.com/booksearch?title=Introduction+to+Algorithms

Otherwise, count me in for $15 USD - via paypal only though.

(Also, LaRoza is a she?)

ghostdog74
February 4th, 2008, 08:23 AM
with a little bit of <snip />, you can find that book

CptPicard
February 4th, 2008, 08:27 AM
Wow :D Had no idea. Thanks gd. :)

Okay folks, nothing to see here, move along.

ghostdog74
February 4th, 2008, 08:47 AM
Wow :D Had no idea. Thanks gd. :)

no problem. :)

LaRoza
February 4th, 2008, 08:54 AM
Sorry, I have to:

Thanks everyone for the thoughts and efforts, however, that server has...other stuff on it. Links are removed.

Google can give many hits for downloads, make sure you don't accidently post to a site with illegal content.