PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl tonight

woedend
February 3rd, 2008, 03:56 PM
sorry if it's been discussed, haven't been around in a long while...
but.

GO GIANTS!
Not my favorite team, but they aren't the patriots! Manning is young but plays well, and the manning-burress combination when hot is unstoppable...
Who do you want to win?

sports fan Matt
February 3rd, 2008, 04:53 PM
I want the giants..however, since my packers lost (yes im in chicago) im not so sure they have the horses to keep up..If u want to im me, send me a pm and i'll give you my info as well...

Lappy 3.0
February 3rd, 2008, 10:56 PM
go pats!

LookTJ
February 3rd, 2008, 10:59 PM
I want Giants to win because I want the Dolphins to still be the only unfeated team in NFL history.

bufsabre666
February 3rd, 2008, 11:07 PM
BIG BLUE COMING THROUGH!

im a bills fan but my family is from staten island and i still have my giants fan roots

fuscia
February 3rd, 2008, 11:12 PM
patriots 31-17

p_quarles
February 3rd, 2008, 11:20 PM
Predicting the pats, but rooting for the Giants.

Cheering for New England at this point is like cheering for Goliath.

xArv3nx
February 3rd, 2008, 11:44 PM
Predicting the pats, but rooting for the Giants.

Cheering for New England at this point is like cheering for Goliath.
Exactly what I think.

koldphlame
February 3rd, 2008, 11:47 PM
hmm... NEITHER but the commercials will be great!!!:popcorn:

CCNA_student
February 4th, 2008, 12:07 AM
I do not watch football(or any sport for that matter) so I just picked the Patriots since their uniforms look nicer.

SunnyRabbiera
February 4th, 2008, 12:09 AM
Afraid the giants are gonna get creamed...
97 to 0

gletob
February 4th, 2008, 12:10 AM
Green Bay

jpittack
February 4th, 2008, 12:12 AM
Don't care for football. Almost every sport is too boring to watch. Commercial are sliding. Its better than watching baseball.

I am having a party tonight though. So far no one has told me that they are coming. Eh. More time to do my homework.

Pethegreat
February 4th, 2008, 12:22 AM
I used to watch the superbowl every year, but this year I don't want to watch it. I want to spend my 3 hours trying to get virtual box to not crash. I can hear about the game and commercials tommrow.

The world has an obsession with sports. Billions of dollars are spent on the games and billions more on the parties for the games. It does a great job of bringing people together, and pushing them apart.

I never had a real intrest in sports. I just watched whatever the family was watching. I finally decided to use that time for something more useful.

johnnyb1726
February 4th, 2008, 12:24 AM
Go Pats.

forrestcupp
February 4th, 2008, 12:59 AM
Well, I don't want the pats to win, but I know they will. If Peyton can't be there, at least another Manning can.

I don't mind the players on the Patriots; it's Belichick that I don't like.

fedex1993
February 4th, 2008, 01:36 AM
Boo Both Teams Stink Go Cowboys That Didnt Make It But Woot Cowboys +1514812312938123123

Linuxratty
February 4th, 2008, 01:54 AM
Sports are boring,commercials are boring...

gn2
February 4th, 2008, 02:01 AM
Football's boring Mum, let's go to the stoning instead!

bruce89
February 4th, 2008, 02:07 AM
White 6, Blue 27.

Hang on, wrong game.

gn2
February 4th, 2008, 02:10 AM
White 6, Blue 27.

Hang on, wrong game.

Same game, different distro!

bruce89
February 4th, 2008, 02:15 AM
Same game, different distro!

Now that's an interesting remark.

I hope the reds won't beat the blues too much next week.

DeadSuperHero
February 4th, 2008, 03:14 AM
I hope there's a Linux commercial. I always hope for those, we actually need a lot more.

hkgonra
February 4th, 2008, 03:20 AM
Yeah shuttleworth has the bucks !!!! An Ubuntu commercial would be awesome !!!!!

xArv3nx
February 4th, 2008, 04:07 AM
Congratulations Giants! :popcorn:

badbadputer
February 4th, 2008, 04:09 AM
Way to go Giants...woo hoo.....Go Giants, go giants....:-\"=D>

gn2
February 4th, 2008, 04:12 AM
As exciting a finish to any sporting event I've ever seen. Sensational.
Well done Giants, a deserved win.

LookTJ
February 4th, 2008, 04:13 AM
Congratulations to Manning and the Giants on beating the Undefeated Pats. =D>

DoctorMO
February 4th, 2008, 04:26 AM
So American Rules Rugby Football has a new top team? Man I can never follow the structure of the game, I much prefer Association Football; seems more fluid.

And who in their right mind would _watch_ a sport because of some adverts they throw at you ever 15 minutes? crazy.

Why aren't you playing the damn sport? I'll never understand why people watch sports when you could be out there playing.

Flyingjester
February 4th, 2008, 04:27 AM
great great game, giants did an amazing job.

fuscia
February 4th, 2008, 04:27 AM
someone shoot me in the nuts so that i may be temporarily distracted from my sorrow.

LaRoza
February 4th, 2008, 04:37 AM
So American Rules Rugby Football has a new top team? Man I can never follow the structure of the game, I much prefer Association Football; seems more fluid.

And who in their right mind would _watch_ a sport because of some adverts they throw at you ever 15 minutes? crazy.

Why aren't you playing the damn sport? I'll never understand why people watch sports when you could be out there playing.

The game is relatively easy to follow, even me with no interest in watching sports understand the rules (the basics)

I don't know. I could never understand why anyone can get excited over other people playing a game.

I also have to questions adults getting paid large amounts of money to play a game, seems a bit fishy to me.

(Now that it is over, I voted for the winner.)

SunnyRabbiera
February 4th, 2008, 05:33 AM
Yeh I was shocked by the giants win tonight, considering how great the pats were this year.

DjBones
February 4th, 2008, 05:47 AM
man, don't really follow the giants..
just didn't want the evil empire to get an undefeated season :wink:

wolfen69
February 4th, 2008, 06:06 AM
im one of the happiest people on the planet right now. god bless everyone.

misfitpierce
February 4th, 2008, 06:10 AM
Patriots were a bigger bet worldwide including with me... They should have had it. Damn last 2 minutes though :(

sports fan Matt
February 4th, 2008, 06:16 AM
absolutely unreal...we were on the air WKQX Chicago during the last 2 mins live to bring the last play live on air..Steve and Brian and I simply couldnt beleive it...

Depressed Man
February 4th, 2008, 07:47 AM
man, don't really follow the giants..
just didn't want the evil empire to get an undefeated season :wink:

Haha yeah, I was rooting for the Giants for the same reason. Not a huge fan of the Patriots and their ego.

Especially the coach's reaction when the Giants got the last touchdown. This article sums it up nicely.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/nfl_experts/post/If-he-s-going-to-lose-Bill-Belichick-would-rath?urn=nfl,64971

era86
February 4th, 2008, 08:13 AM

And who says we aren't playing? Played for 7 years and still manage to get a game in every Sunday with my friends.

That has to be one of the best superbowls to watch. Close to the very end. That play where Eli scrambled and Tyree made the catch was historic!
:guitar:

kevdog
February 4th, 2008, 08:20 AM
Congrats to the Giants -- But lets be honest, although the game was close through 3 quarters, it was really boring until the end. I would have preferred a higher scoring game. I actually thought the first Pats/Giants meeting from just a fan perspective was a lot more fun to watch. I can't agree with this win being "historic" other than for the fact they beat an 18-0 team!

forrestcupp
February 4th, 2008, 03:06 PM
I hope there's a Linux commercial. I always hope for those, we actually need a lot more.

Yeah shuttleworth has the bucks !!!! An Ubuntu commercial would be awesome !!!!!
At around $2.6 million for a 30 second spot, Mr. Shuttleworth may not think it would be a good investment for a product that is offered for free.

Congrats to the Giants -- But lets be honest, although the game was close through 3 quarters, it was really boring until the end. I would have preferred a higher scoring game. I actually thought the first Pats/Giants meeting from just a fan perspective was a lot more fun to watch. I can't agree with this win being "historic" other than for the fact they beat an 18-0 team!
+1. It was definitely a defensive game. I was beginning to think the game was going to end with the Pats winning 7-3. The last quarter was pretty amazing, though.

I'm glad the Giants won. It was good to see Peyton there rooting for his bro.