PDA

View Full Version : LinuxTracker: Anybody use it?...If so for what Distros?

RAV TUX
February 3rd, 2008, 11:13 AM
LinuxTracker: Anybody use it?...If so for what Distros?

I haven't used LinuxTracker in a while, I noticed the Website changed and I had to re-register.

Do you use it?

If so what Distro do you use it for?

reference:

http://linuxtracker.org/

bufsabre666
February 3rd, 2008, 12:20 PM
i use it to build my os collection ((i have a binder with 40 differnt os's, 102 cds of differnt versions)) their old tracker with the old torrents still works and theyre working on registering all the torrents on their new tracker

RAV TUX
February 3rd, 2008, 05:42 PM
i use it to build my os collection ((i have a binder with 40 differnt os's, 102 cds of differnt versions)) their old tracker with the old torrents still works and theyre working on registering all the torrents on their new trackerI liked the old system, whats new with the new one?

justin whitaker
February 3rd, 2008, 05:45 PM
I used it a lot before they changed the system they are using.

I think they were having too many guests and not enough actual participants, so they made it more restrictive.

The nice part is: TuxDistro, Mininova, and 1000s of other sites have the torrents, and you don't need to join anything.

bufsabre666
February 3rd, 2008, 06:10 PM
I liked the old system, whats new with the new one?

their tracker had an issue with not being able to determine ips and locking ips to accounts so everyone had very wrong stats, like before they changed mine were 400gb up and 3Tb down, and obviously those arent my stats

FuturePilot
February 3rd, 2008, 06:14 PM
I've used it before. I haven't in a while though. I've downloaded Sabayon from there. I can't remember any others but I know there were more.