PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Here Play Runescape?

GamingMazter
February 3rd, 2008, 10:57 AM
Hey Guys! Does anybody on this forum play Runescape? If you do gimme your name and we could play together because I have just become a payed member and loving the new areas and features!

hessiess
February 3rd, 2008, 11:41 AM
no, its boring

bonzodog
February 3rd, 2008, 12:14 PM
Hi there,
you might want to go talk to our folks in the gaming forum;
http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=230

bufsabre666
February 3rd, 2008, 12:28 PM
pfft runescape..... stupid nerds

((quickly closes out the runescape tab))

:-\"

Darkhack
February 3rd, 2008, 01:30 PM
I used to play back in middle school. Got sick of it after a while though. What ever happened to Zezima? Does he still play after he got all 99s? Any other hacking incidents since the party hat dupe a while back?

jargs
February 3rd, 2008, 01:37 PM
I used to play back in middle school. Got sick of it after a while though. What ever happened to Zezima? Does he still play after he got all 99s? Any other hacking incidents since the party hat dupe a while back?

Haha, i remember him from when i used to play. Looks like he gave up, dropped down to 19th. (http://hiscore.runescape.com/hiscores.ws)

new2*buntu
February 3rd, 2008, 01:40 PM
A few years ago I stopped playing, but recently I just got bored and thought "What the heck? I can look at Runescape again." So I created a new Runescape account and I've seen that it's really fun.

Polygon
February 3rd, 2008, 04:03 PM
no, becuase its not even fun, you click on various things and mine them and click on monsters and your character starts a battle that you dont even get to control with monsters.

not to mention it costs money to play

Darkhack
February 4th, 2008, 02:32 AM
not to mention it costs money to play

There are "free worlds" and "member worlds". Free worlds offer free gameplay but with less features, while member worlds are for paying customers only. As for as games go $5 a month isn't bad compared to World of Warcraft's $15 (plus $50 for the client).

koldphlame
February 4th, 2008, 02:39 AM
pfft runescape..... stupid nerds

((quickly closes out the runescape tab))

:-\"

:lolflag::lolflag:

Polygon
February 4th, 2008, 03:05 AM
There are "free worlds" and "member worlds". Free worlds offer free gameplay but with less features, while member worlds are for paying customers only. As for as games go $5 a month isn't bad compared to World of Warcraft's $15 (plus $50 for the client).

no, as far as games go 0$ a month is a fair price. Guild wars negates the argument that "5 dollars" or "15 dollars isnt that much". If guild wars can keep their game free to play after you bought it, why cant wow or runescape?

and i know there are free worlds. I actually ran into a gate that i could not open unless i was a member.

LookTJ
February 4th, 2008, 03:47 AM
Nope, I've played it. It's boring and a waste of my time.

phrostbyte
February 4th, 2008, 03:53 AM
RuneScape represents all that is wrong with MMORPGs... ie repetitive actions over long periods of time in order to "advance" in the game. At least others like WoW or Guild Wars try to downplay the fact. Essentially playing an MMO like RuneScape is roughly as productive as staring at a blank wall, but not as relaxing, and much more likely to cause long term receptive strain disorders.

Have fun! :)

Nekiruhs
February 4th, 2008, 04:01 AM
The client is free. Where are you pulling that figure from? Not that I would know from experience in any way, shape, or form. No siree...

Darkhack
February 4th, 2008, 05:11 AM
The client is free. Where are you pulling that figure from? Not that I would know from experience in any way, shape, or form. No siree...

I stand corrected. It's $20 (http://www.amazon.com/Blizzard-Entertainment-World-of-Warcraft/dp/B000067FDW/ref=pd_bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1202098229&sr=8-1). It was $50 when it came out though.

GamingMazter
February 4th, 2008, 06:23 PM
Thanks for your opinion anyway guys. Still, leave your Runescape names if you have them!

Polygon
February 4th, 2008, 09:33 PM

he means that it costs 50 dollars ( i guess 20 dollars now) to actually purchase the game ,and then it costs 15$ every month after that. Yes you can use the client free technically, but you cant play unless you pay for a cd key and for the 15$ month subscripton

Jinarion
March 15th, 2008, 07:55 PM
then let me leave my name for you add if wish oddly enough it's jinarion you might have seen it before, i find the game relaxing, my kids got me into it 2 yrs ago and i still play :) as for me being an adult player well i once met a 70+ yr old player well anyway see you somewhere out there, now to see about how to triple boot

Kingofbeast
March 27th, 2008, 07:55 AM
Any other hacking incidents since the party hat dupe a while back?

Haha yeah there was a massive massacre on 6/6/06. This guy found an exploit in the construction system while he was in a wrestling ring thing, and he was in it, got kicked out of the player's house, and he was still able to attack people. He and several others massacred all of Falador. It was scary as hell, I died but luckily got my stuff in the bank first =DDD, my Runescape name is Kingofbeast6, but I'm not on a lot anymore. I'm member and level 81 combat

Jim!
March 27th, 2008, 08:50 AM
Hahaha runescape....Good times:D I might have to start playing that game again - I'll use it to spread good news about linux:D

Jareth
March 27th, 2008, 11:17 AM
I did give it a go, because I couldn't get onto any other real games. I found it hard work and ugly (Just my opinion). I don't mind either, but not together. My cousins play it furiously, they used to be grade A pupils now all they do is mine, mine, mine.
I guess its good because its free.
Good luck to ya!

gameryoshi600
May 31st, 2008, 02:20 AM
used to play all the time but now I quit. its still cool game though!

Articfox3
May 31st, 2008, 05:08 AM
Err... I seldom play Runescape. My Membership ran out a couple days ago. so.... lol..
I am Pigeon Man12

I am rarely on, once a month or less :KS
I am level 38 I think, my Old account is level 54, but is peremently banned XD

dragos240
August 15th, 2008, 06:49 PM
Since pking is gone i pretty much quit!

Jinarion
August 16th, 2008, 06:42 AM
well i don't pk so is wasn't a big loss for me :)