PDA

View Full Version : Any fellow p'ballers out there?

lespaul_rentals
February 3rd, 2008, 07:45 AM
Paintballing is a great sport, and I'm wondering if anyone else on these boards plays the game. What's your setup? Got any good stories to tell?

hhhhhx
February 3rd, 2008, 10:03 AM
yep, got a fair setup, but to lazy to type it out. :)

stalker145
February 4th, 2008, 08:28 PM
Yaaay paintball!

Probably my favorite sport. A tad chilly lately to play since I despise being hit with marbles, but it'll be warming up here soon enough :D

I'm one of those cheap guys that paid ~90USD for my kit at WalMart. It's a Spyder Xtra that the only thing done so far is a 14" rifled barrel in place of the 10-12" that came with it. I'm looking forward to throwing an HPA tank on there.

I will always believe that a good player with a cheap gun will almost always outplay a guy with all the bells and whistles who shoots their hopper in 30 seconds. Well, they're fun to bum rush when they're reloading ;)

There's a guy who plays almost every time I go out that is hilarious. He's running with an old 10-shot pump gun. That and he's a big, beefy Samoan. Runs for the dorito (we only have speedball around here) at the 50 yard line every stinking time. He's always my first target 'cause he's good with that gun... I guess you have to be.

lespaul_rentals
February 4th, 2008, 09:56 PM
Yaaay paintball!

Probably my favorite sport. A tad chilly lately to play since I despise being hit with marbles, but it'll be warming up here soon enough :D

I'm one of those cheap guys that paid ~90USD for my kit at WalMart. It's a Spyder Xtra that the only thing done so far is a 14" rifled barrel in place of the 10-12" that came with it. I'm looking forward to throwing an HPA tank on there.

I will always believe that a good player with a cheap gun will almost always outplay a guy with all the bells and whistles who shoots their hopper in 30 seconds. Well, they're fun to bum rush when they're reloading ;)

There's a guy who plays almost every time I go out that is hilarious. He's running with an old 10-shot pump gun. That and he's a big, beefy Samoan. Runs for the dorito (we only have speedball around here) at the 50 yard line every stinking time. He's always my first target 'cause he's good with that gun... I guess you have to be.

Spyder Xtras may be cheap but they aren't bad guns by any means. They are pretty sexy too. ;)

And I know what you mean, those crazy pump players are good! I have a pump, ACI Maverick, it's old-school and loud as heck, like a shotgun. Scares the noobs. Problem is, it's hard to buy paint for, since it takes about .002 larger caliber then you can find in a store. If you get the right paint for it, oh boy...it's dead accurate. I've shot people's extremeties if they're sticking just a few inches out from a dorito or tombstone, and that's from over halfway across the field.

My main gun is a Spyder Pilot ACS, great gun!

barbedsaber
February 8th, 2008, 02:23 PM
I want to star playing paintball, but deep down i know i cant afford it, oh well, maybe in a few years.

aroth87
February 8th, 2008, 03:44 PM
I used to play a lot back in high school. I had a pretty decent set up, ICD BKO, Egg II, and a Crossfire HPA tank. I was pretty good too...
But I got to college and couldn't find anyone to play with and was tight on cash, so I sold everything a little over a year ago because I needed the money and didn't play anymore.
Every-so-often I long to get back on the field and play. It is a lot of fun just a little spendy.
My best story: My friends and I weren't all that bright and used to play what we called 'Civil War'. We would all fill our hoppers, go out into a field and get into two lines facing each other. The rules were you couldn't run from where you were standing and you had stand there until everyone's hopper was empty. Tons of fun, right? Well, you did gets lots of welts to show off at school for the next week. Anyway, we went and played at a smaller field one day and the refs and management were pretty laid back so we asked a group of people if they wanted to play 'Civil War' with us. No one did but the refs offered to let us play it so they could get some entertainment. So Civil War on a speedball field commenced. We had fun and everyone else had a good laugh.

Adam

blastus
February 9th, 2008, 01:36 AM
Oops sorry! I thought you said ...ballmers as in Ballmer's fans. :)

lespaul_rentals
February 10th, 2008, 06:09 PM
It's a shame it's so expensive. The thing is, markers, hoppers, nitro tanks, etc. aren't the greatest expense (maybe 500 dollars for a decent setup). It's the balls, the field fees, and all the crap you add to your setup but know you really can't afford.

I've always been a speedball kind of person myself. Unfortunately, the only field out in my area (Boise, Idaho) is a great place but expensive. A day of 'ballin' will cost you around 40 dollars.

The best way to save money is to join a league that plays tournaments, and get sponsored.