PDA

View Full Version : Funniest thing that just happened with a CD I just bought.

ntowakbh
February 3rd, 2008, 01:59 AM
I got two new CDs(Relient K - Five Score and Seven Years Ago, and Falling Up - Crashings) just now, because I have a Zune, I booted into Windows XP, and put the Relient K CD into the drive waited forever......and nothing happened. I opened and closed the drive several times, and it still didn't work. So I restarted my computer, and booted into Ubuntu, I'm now able to use the CD on Ubuntu. =P

I have nothing against Windows, by this post I didn't intend to bash Windows, I just thought it was funny.

hhhhhx
February 3rd, 2008, 02:04 AM
ya, stupid things happen like that in windows. every OS has errors, but at lest ubuntu's are predictable. :)

LookTJ
February 3rd, 2008, 02:15 AM
I have the RelientK CDs(that one and "MmmHmm". Windows is slow at loading music cds. I guess :(

Ultra Magnus
February 3rd, 2008, 02:20 AM
Didn't it work in Ubuntu before then? - I had a cd by Dragon force which had some weird copy protection thing on it that meant you couldn't play it on a computer, so it wouldn't work in windows but it worked fine in Ubuntu!

kool_kat_os
February 3rd, 2008, 02:32 AM
windows.......is that a band.....im not familiar with there work:)
(a joke)

ntowakbh
February 3rd, 2008, 02:47 AM
I have the RelientK CDs(that one and "MmmHmm". Windows is slow at loading music cds. I guess :(

Mmmhmm is an awesome CD, I have it also.

and Ultra Magnus, I didn't try Ubuntu first.

Spike-X
February 3rd, 2008, 03:53 AM
Yeah, could be a copy protection issue. Linux seems to see right through copy protection, fortunately. I guess sometimes there are advantages to living in a Windows-oriented world.

macogw
February 3rd, 2008, 04:17 AM
Well as of a couple weeks ago, no more companies are using DRM on music CDs so within a few months the last remaining disks that have it should be gone.

obscur156
February 3rd, 2008, 04:21 AM
Another good reason to go for linux.
Its just more powerfull and reliable.

Enough said,regards.

lespaul_rentals
February 3rd, 2008, 07:42 AM
(a joke)

Really? I couldn't figure that out. :p

ntowakbh
February 3rd, 2008, 07:50 AM
I rebooted a second time, changing one thing, having the disk already in the drive before booting into windows, oddly enough it worked.

But it was still a hassle. :lolflag: