PDA

View Full Version : just want to complain about the emergency call "feature" in blackberry

DouglasAWh
February 2nd, 2008, 01:42 AM
A quick Google search turns up lots of dead-end results on disabling the all-to-easy emergency call feature on the Blackberry, so I'm not really looking for a fix here. I just wanted to complain. I've made errant calls twice recently. I need to start using a cradle/hostler/whatever you call them, I guess.

While I'm on the subject, anybody got a smart phone they really like? Before too long I'm going to be switching jobs since I'm graduating and work will take my blackberry away. Assuming I don't get a new device at my new job, I will probably get a smart phone, since I'll be on the market to replace my personal phone anyway. I'm especially interested in phones that have open software and/or embedded Linux.

Whiffle
February 2nd, 2008, 01:46 AM
Happy treo 650 user here... only drawback is it sometimes crashes, but its not been an issue for me as it usually only happens when I'm trying out programs and stuff. The SD card slot is awesome, its got enough power to play videos, can play music, and yeah, its pretty cool.

DouglasAWh
February 2nd, 2008, 01:55 AM
Happy treo 650 user here... only drawback is it sometimes crashes, but its not been an issue for me as it usually only happens when I'm trying out programs and stuff. The SD card slot is awesome, its got enough power to play videos, can play music, and yeah, its pretty cool.

does it have one of those stupid emergency call things? How big is it?

Whiffle
February 2nd, 2008, 05:23 PM
No idea what you're talking about with the emergency call thing. Size wise, its about the same size as my 4g ipod, a little thicker and the antenna sticks out the top. I'd say try before you buy.

DouglasAWh
February 2nd, 2008, 05:28 PM
No idea what you're talking about with the emergency call thing. Size wise, its about the same size as my 4g ipod, a little thicker and the antenna sticks out the top. I'd say try before you buy.

This is what I am talking about with the emergency call thing: http://www.pdastreet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58523

The blackberry pearl is nice and thin. I like that.

n3tfury
February 2nd, 2008, 07:13 PM
lol, what an oversight.