PDA

View Full Version : Please read. This is not spam, I promise.

william_hunter
February 2nd, 2008, 12:58 AM
Friends, this one is not spam, guaranteed. I know this little guy personally, and he is fighting a disease known as Burkitt's lymphoma. It is his wish that he gets as many paper airplanes as he can between now and march 15th, and by god I am going to do everything I can to make sure he gets them. Read, and do indeed feel free to PM me if you want to discuss, because I will respond to each and every PM about this if I need to in order to prove this is not spam. The kid is 5 years old. Imagine your own 5 year old in this situation.

The following is the message his father sent to the school where I work to get this started. My own class has already produced 7k airplanes for this little guy, and I intend to go to great lengths to see that he gets 100k or more.

My son Hunter has been diagnosed with a rare form of non hotchkins lymphoma called Burkitts cancer. It only affects about 300 children a year. Usually between the ages of 2 and 11 and its usually boys but can effect girls also. Burkitts is one of the fastest growing tumors that we know of. He went into the hospital on a friday and the tumor was about the size of a tennis ball. By monday it was a little bigger than a cantalope. He was started on cemo and it shut down his kidneys and then his liver started failing. On Wednesday, He told me that he could not see very good and then he quit breathing. He had tubes placed down his throat, nose, arms, and toes. He has swelling of the brain due to high blood pressure. Hunter went into the hospital weighing 40 pounds and now weighs about 70 because of fluid build up. He is now stable and is in the intesive care unit at Buffalo Childrens Hospital in Buffalo, NY. Hunter is only five years old. I would just like everyone to know, that Hunter has been set up with the guiness book of world records to try to recieve the most paper airplanes. Please forward this on to everyone that you know . All you have to do is make a paper airplane and write the state or the country you are from on the wing of your plane and send it to..
<snip />

william_hunter
February 3rd, 2008, 06:08 AM
Shameful bumping, I know. Bump or lose sight of what matters.

hhhhhx
February 3rd, 2008, 06:14 AM
will do

william_hunter
February 3rd, 2008, 09:17 PM
As the address has been removed, because it is not my own (kinda defeats the purpose, but hey, I understand there are rules) I will give my own address where I receive my mail:

William Hunter
Fillmore Central School
104 West Main Street
Fillmore, NY 14735

Send any planes to me there, and I will get them to the little boy. Thanks to those of you that are helping.