PDA

View Full Version : Cutest Thing Ever!, give me a AWWWWWW!

SunnyRabbiera
February 1st, 2008, 10:44 PM
This is just too adorable, my husband took our guinea pig out and one of our cats was cuddling with it...
I took this with my picturephone:

http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/4086/carsoncharlie2jz1.th.jpg (http://img235.imageshack.us/my.php?image=carsoncharlie2jz1.jpg)

bufsabre666
February 1st, 2008, 10:45 PM
dont look away or the cat might eat it

SunnyRabbiera
February 1st, 2008, 10:50 PM
actually that one there is pretty harmless, hes actually a big wuss and is normally afraid of the guinea pig.

RebounD11
February 1st, 2008, 11:00 PM
actually that one there is pretty harmless, hes actually a big wuss and is normally afraid of the guinea pig.

What have you been feeding it that it became afraid of a guinea pig? Next think you know it'll turn vegetarian :D
[joking]

Seriously now, that is really cute :D

SunnyRabbiera
February 1st, 2008, 11:13 PM
What have you been feeding it that it became afraid of a guinea pig? Next think you know it'll turn vegetarian :D
[joking]

Seriously now, that is really cute :D

actually hes always been like this, that cat has always been a big coward.

popch
February 1st, 2008, 11:19 PM
I have seen several cats interacting with several guinea pigs. None of the cats threatened the guinea pigs, and most cats behaved very 'respectfully' or 'cautiously'.

My son formed the hypothesis that the guinea pigs were too stupid to show fear. The cats then presumably thought the pigs had reason not to be afraid of cats.

It's at least plausible if it's not true.

SunnyRabbiera
February 1st, 2008, 11:23 PM
I have seen several cats interacting with several guinea pigs. None of the cats threatened the guinea pigs, and most cats behaved very 'respectfully' or 'cautiously'.

My son formed the hypothesis that the guinea pigs were too stupid to show fear. The cats then presumably thought the pigs had reason not to be afraid of cats.

But the thing is our guinea pig is actually quite smart, shes pretty crafty and intelligent...

popch
February 1st, 2008, 11:29 PM
But the thing is our guinea pig is actually quite smart, shes pretty crafty and intelligent...

Aren't they all, though? Still, they do not show the slightest trace of fear of cats. Crafty, you say?

SunnyRabbiera
February 1st, 2008, 11:40 PM
Aren't they all, though? Still, they do not show the slightest trace of fear of cats. Crafty, you say?

well I think our guinea pig knows that the cat in the picture is a bit off as she sees him running from his own shadow...
I swear thats what its like with this cat, he's afraid of bugs, bags, squeak toys (this might be tied to his fear of the guinea pig as she squeaks real loud) and pretty much anything else you can imagine.
Now she does take note with the other cats we have (we have 4 cats in total), and so far only two of them have not really done much to her.
Our other two cats though, now they do get her a bit scared as they are more predatory.
In the end they are all weird though.
One coos like a pigeon
One acts like a dog
One is afraid of the guinea pig
and one is well... a troublemaker to put it nicely.

kevdog
February 2nd, 2008, 03:57 AM
Are you wearing Nike's in the photo?

Linuxratty
February 2nd, 2008, 04:26 AM

The reason why they show no fear is because hey are first off,domesticated,so the fight/flight response has been muted..
Second of all, no mother guinea pig has taught them cats are dangerous,so they do not know cats are dangerous.
It's important to remember that the saliva in a cat's mouth is deadly to small mammals and birds and the tiniest prick from a nail of a cat can have dire consequences.

About Cat Bites . . .

If you suspect that an animal has been caught or bitten by a cat – even if no puncture wounds are visible – the creature must be put on antibiotics right away. Bacteria in a cat’s saliva will cause infection, and, if untreated, the animal will die. Contact Wildlife Rescue or your vet immediately.
http://www.wildliferescueinc.org/tips.htm#About%20Cat%20Bites%20.%20.%20.

http://www.ny4whales.org/wcc_catsinthecradle.html

Sp4cedOut
February 2nd, 2008, 04:35 AM

Very possible. I used to have a guinea pig and one day my grandpa brought his dog over. The dog like to chase things, especially their neighbors rabbits. It didn't do anything once it caught them, it'd just bark to get them to run again.

When guinea pigs are afraid however, they just freeze. The dog just kept barking at it and would back away and run up hoping the guinea pig would start running, but it just sat there. It was cute.