PDA

View Full Version : Request for a copy of latest Edbuntu

Chip Nuttall
February 1st, 2008, 12:40 PM
My name is Chip Nuttall. I am an American living in Pilar Camotes, Cebu. I have just ordered 2 copies of the latest edition of Edubuntu. But it will take 4 to 6 weeks for them to arrive. I am volunteering my time and expertize to setup and teach computers to the schoolchildren of this island and to setup a long range Wi-Fi network (5 miles) to bring internet to this island. Currently the only internet access is my WeRoam PCI card. There currently is a problem with two of the school computers and I want to put Ubuntu (Edubuntu) on at least one to start with for a demo before the end of the school year. If anyone can help please let me know. Thanks.

Warmest Regards,

Chip Nuttall

Nhatz
February 2nd, 2008, 02:26 AM
Maybe i can give you one thru LBC... whom/where should i address it?

Chip Nuttall
February 2nd, 2008, 11:24 AM
It would be great if you could! Please send to Chip Nuttall
Lower Poblacion
Pilar Camotes, Cebu 6048
Hopefully I can return the favor in the future
Thank you so very much!

Warmest Regards,
Chip Nuttall
pilarchip1@mac.com

Nhatz
February 4th, 2008, 07:02 AM
Just mailed it thru LBC..... it will be there tomorrow.
:guitar:

ragadanga63
February 4th, 2008, 07:51 AM
Dang, you beat me to the punch Nhatz. Hehehe. Bilis nyo tol.

Nhatz
February 4th, 2008, 09:16 AM
Bilis ba? hehehehe
:guitar:

ragadanga63
February 4th, 2008, 02:32 PM
I'm from Leyte. Maybe I can give Mr. Nuttall a hand.

acegel
February 6th, 2008, 10:34 AM
Am new to the forums. Didn't know there is a Philippine Ubuntu Forum up already. I was reading this thread and was about to send a copy too. Talaga ang bilis niyo. Long live ubuntu. Am running Ubuntu Ultimate Edition 1.7 on my desktop. Runs really well. Can't put on my notebook, upakan ako ni misis. hehehehe... More power to you guys. God bless.

ragadanga63
February 6th, 2008, 10:40 AM
Welcome to our little corner of the world acegel. Always wondered how Ultimate works...hmmm maybe i'll give it a try (di pa pala tapos distro-hopping days ko). Heto popcorn para sa iyo :popcorn:

acegel
February 6th, 2008, 10:47 AM
Thanks for the popcorn ragadanga63. You're a cool dude. :guitar: Medyo complete ang Ubuntu UE 1.7. Compiz-fusion was abit tricky to get working, but ok na. My suggestion is to download the link with Kde para you have 2 OS....Kahit isa lang....hehehehe.

Nhatz
February 6th, 2008, 12:14 PM
Ultimate edition..... masubukan nga.. hehehehe. yup actualy dati pa tong forum ngayon lang naging masyadong active nung isa-isang nagsulputan mga underground na members/users... hehehehe...
Yeah! Rock On! :guitar: