PDA

View Full Version : Take Adobe Survey, Let Them Know You Use Linux!

Bungo Pony
January 30th, 2008, 06:54 PM
Here's a survey from Adobe on their new download layout. One of the questions is the OS that you use. Letting them know you use Linux through their survey may get them to support Linux more (especially 64 bit flash).

And the chance to win $500 isn't a bad opportunity either :)

http://slickdeals.net/?sduid=322704&t=732239&u2=http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2_servefile.html?option=full&order=1&type=rs2_main&language=English&platform=WinXPSP2&hasjavascript=1&dlm=nos

fatality_uk
January 30th, 2008, 08:12 PM
But id need to install WINE to do so :( .exe
Err anyone have a Window lappy they can lend me for a few hours while I fill this in :)

Steveway
January 30th, 2008, 08:28 PM
You don't need Wine.
It's an online survey, it uses Flash and is like most other surveys.
Also, I just made the survey here and acted like a normal Linux-user would, I mean should.

fatality_uk
January 30th, 2008, 08:45 PM
You don't need Wine.
It's an online survey, it uses Flash and is like most other surveys.
Also, I just made the survey here and acted like a normal Linux-user would, I mean should.

Sweet. I'll pop back then later :D

kripkenstein
January 30th, 2008, 10:06 PM
Thanks for posting this, I filled out the survey. We need to show companies like Adobe that there are plenty of Linux users out there, and that they should support us.

D-EJ915
January 31st, 2008, 06:13 AM
I have a really negative attitude toward adobe, I hope they don't hate me for that, lol.

samwyse
January 31st, 2008, 07:15 AM
I can't get past the first screen asking to download the Adobe Reader like I "normally would", because I didn't find a way to download for Linux :)

Warpnow
January 31st, 2008, 10:26 AM
If Adobe brought all their products to linux it would literally take linux from a hobbyist operating system to a true competitor.

I mean...The Adobe Suite alone could run a video production studio.

I think adobe coming to linux would be the best think I can think of for linux...

It would be even better than dell putting it on all their pcs...

Ub1476
January 31st, 2008, 10:51 AM
I can't get past the first screen asking to download the Adobe Reader like I "normally would", because I didn't find a way to download for Linux :)

It doesn't download anything. It's just a simulation.

nice_cheese
January 31st, 2008, 11:00 AM
I try the survey:)

bufsabre666
January 31st, 2008, 11:02 AM
so wheres my 500$?

It doesn't download anything. It's just a simulation.

i think s/he meant it as a joke, hence the smiley face at the end

Pekkalainen
January 31st, 2008, 11:11 AM
FIlled it in and sent it to them, if they draw me as the winner they probably ditch it and go for another one when they see my answers :D

forrestcupp
January 31st, 2008, 03:33 PM
I filled out the survey. Every Linux user we can get to do it helps.

I appreciate Adobe because they got a workable version of Flash 9 for us. If they could get other things going, I'd appreciate them even more.

FuturePilot
January 31st, 2008, 03:44 PM
Done! :)