PDA

View Full Version : IBM on board!

mwacky
January 30th, 2008, 06:50 AM
Looks like IBM is jumping on the Ubuntu bandwagon and who can blame them.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/cmp/20080126/tc_cmp/205918815;_ylt=AufQluG_WmfZ1LK477zovh6or7oF

These small victories for Ubuntu and Open Source in general are starting to add up!

LaRoza
January 30th, 2008, 06:51 AM
Smart move by IBM :)

bufsabre666
January 30th, 2008, 07:18 AM
their thinkpads are very nice for ubuntu

i know lenovo makes them now but my thinkpad is ibm and i love it

LaRoza
January 30th, 2008, 07:23 AM
their thinkpads are very nice for ubuntu

i know lenovo makes them now but my thinkpad is ibm and i love it

Lenovo ThinkPads are just as good, I love it, Linux works on it fine.

bufsabre666
January 30th, 2008, 07:28 AM
Lenovo ThinkPads are just as good, I love it, Linux works on it fine.

im all for it they seem to be pretty solid little computers

LaRoza
January 30th, 2008, 07:38 AM
im all for it they seem to be pretty solid little computers

I once had my new ThinkPad (with its Core 2 Duos, 2 GB RAM, DVD Burnder, fingerprint reader, and other advanced toys, I mean, features) called old and from 1995 because it didn't looks like the typical fragile notebook people get (and break in the third month).

mrgnash
January 30th, 2008, 07:42 AM
IBM have been big supporters of Linux for some time now -- they have some excellent guides for Bash and other Linux stuff on their site -- and it's great to see that they're stepping up their support even more :)

bufsabre666
January 30th, 2008, 07:45 AM
I once had my new ThinkPad (with its Core 2 Duos, 2 GB RAM, DVD Burnder, fingerprint reader, and other advanced toys, I mean, features) called old and from 1995 because it didn't looks like the typical fragile notebook people get (and break in the third month).

i know what you mean, i got my thinkpad out of necessity and got it used, but when im ready to buy a new laptop they definitly earned my loyalty, ill still look for the best deal but theyll get some goos consideration

LaRoza
January 30th, 2008, 07:46 AM
IBM have been big supporters of Linux for some time now -- they have some excellent guides for Bash and other Linux stuff on their site -- and it's great to see that they're stepping up their support even more :)

Cool. IBM used to be the big evil corporation, I guess the passing of the baton has changed their opinions :)

BOBSONATOR
January 30th, 2008, 07:50 AM
i have a T60 and it kicks butt!

luvdemheels
January 30th, 2008, 03:15 PM
I am very interested in the "Open Collaboration Client," . I would love to know when this is ready. I want to give it a try.