PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a php script

PartisanEntity
January 29th, 2008, 09:48 PM
I'm looking for a php script that does the following:

You enter your data and then it sends you an email with a link to an online invoice which has the order date and a number.

Anyone know of any free scripts that do this?

Thanks very much

frup
January 29th, 2008, 10:11 PM
maybe some shopping cart software snippets. By itself it sounds very easy, just simple use of the mail function with a variable containing the invoice number in markup plus a database call of some sort to store the invoice.

PartisanEntity
January 30th, 2008, 10:15 AM
maybe some shopping cart software snippets. By itself it sounds very easy, just simple use of the mail function with a variable containing the invoice number in markup plus a database call of some sort to store the invoice.

Well, easier said than done, for someone who can't code :)

LaRoza
January 30th, 2008, 10:28 AM
Well, easier said than done, for someone who can't code :)

To what extent does this have to been done and how secure? I am sure I could whip up a quick solution to it, but for real security, you'd have to get someone with more experience in such things.

PartisanEntity
January 30th, 2008, 10:44 AM
I'll post back when I know more, it's for a friend and since I have some basic knowledge of PHP and MySQL I thought I would find some free script to install for him. I didn't want to waste anyone's time and effort with having to code it from the ground up.

At the moment I think it should be quite simple, but I have no idea what he needs exactly, just thought I would do the research in advance and see what's available out there. Thanks very much for the other though.

WorldTripping
January 30th, 2008, 12:22 PM
The sending of the mail by the server is pretty straightforward.

The security aspect would be more complex.

i.e.

Verify and transmitting the initial client data correctly and securely.

The ability of the database to incorporate this new information correctly, and take an appropriate action.

Redirect the user to a secure area of the server where database information can be viewed.

All of the above will require knowledge of the explicit server certificates and database structure.

I don't think this is something that you could grab from say, phpfreaks.com

On the plus side, if you do build it you'll get a good insight into Apache, SSL, SQL and php.

p.s. Do some reading up on SQL injection techniques before you start coding the SQL connections.

Good Luck.

;)

soapytheclown
January 30th, 2008, 01:23 PM
php isnt difficult i picked it up in about a week with no real programming experience since HTML isnt considered a programming language by most theres a serise of books i always find helpful when learning something new the visual quickstart range, the php one by larry ulman has an example similar to what you're after prehaps you should try learning it :D

frup
January 30th, 2008, 01:56 PM
If you search mail() on php.net you can find everything about that function. The most simple form, and I don't mean secure, form of this script would mail to a given email address the values of the form. In the way I think the invoice number would be server side. << there you wan't ssl to some degree.

mail() will handle anything though. from mail you could do anything you want. have a separate page for captcha thaT ASKS for the original email ... look I've drunk 1.5 l;itres of vodka sorry. I understand the problem but I can't explain it. PM me. anything for forum staff.