PDA

View Full Version : some quick lamp help

PfromD
January 29th, 2008, 09:55 AM
Hi, I was going to set up a lamp environment using this guide (http://hostlibrary.com/installing_apache_mysql_php_on_linux) but ran into a problem with a missing 'make file' when time to complete the MySQL-step. I then found out that a command of
sudo tasksel install lamp-server would do just what I wanted, and also keep me updated by automation. The question now is how I undo/uninstall the apache server applied in step 1 before running the sudo install.
And does this install include phpMyadmin or will I have to install that separately (available through apt-get/tasksel? )

zvacet
January 29th, 2008, 10:38 AM
sudo apt-get --purge remove apache2

You can read this (https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ApacheMySQLPHP).

PfromD
January 29th, 2008, 11:20 AM
just tried it, but apache weren't installed through apt-get but compiled according to the guide previously mentioned, so the reply is

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package apache2 is not installed, so not removed
The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
libkernlib1 libgraflib1 libg2c0-dev libpacklib1 g77 libpawlib2 libxbae4
libpawlib-lesstif3 lesstif2 cernlib-base g77-3.4 libgd2-xpm atlas3-base
kxterm libgrafx11-1 libpacklib1-lesstif paw-common libg2c0 libgraphviz3
libmathlib2
Use 'apt-get autoremove' to remove them.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

The guide informs that after "#make install", apache is installed, but now I need to remove that install to avoid conflicts with the install to be done by "sudo tasksel"

zvacet
January 29th, 2008, 04:02 PM
Go to the folder from wich you compiled apache and type

sudo make uninstall

PfromD
January 29th, 2008, 05:53 PM
then terminal returns:

make: *** No rule to make target `uninstall'. Stop.
.. do I need to run trough the configure initially again to make/run an uninstall?

PfromD
January 30th, 2008, 12:25 PM
I assume it would be wrong of me to think that there's no chance of conflicts if just attempting to install the lamp-package without first removing the compiled version of apache that exists?
If it can clarify why sudo make uninstall doesn't work I can post some feedback from the terminal from the process, but it's kind of lenghty