PDA

View Full Version : multimedia forum and mark problems solved

occy8
September 22nd, 2005, 04:23 AM
Hi all, I like to see a multimedia forum. There are so many threads all over the place and it would clean that up nicely, I think. Also makes things easier to find.

Another thing when you post a question and it is solved the person who posted the question should be able to mark it where you set the sticky and locked icons to solved.

kassetra
September 22nd, 2005, 04:50 AM
Hi all, I like to see a multimedia forum. There are so many threads all over the place and it would clean that up nicely, I think. Also makes things easier to find.

Another thing when you post a question and it is solved the person who posted the question should be able to mark it where you set the sticky and locked icons to solved.

Multimedia forums... we'll see what we can do with that. Sounds appealing.

... the resolved idea is much harder though. We've tried two different versions of it in the past, but neither one has worked, or even been used... we're still brainstorming on a way we could make that happen better. The trick is finding a way to mark a question resolved in a way that people will use. Give us some time on this one, we'll get it worked out.

occy8
September 22nd, 2005, 11:57 PM
... the resolved idea is much harder though. We've tried two different versions of it in the past, but neither one has worked, or even been used... we're still brainstorming on a way we could make that happen better. The trick is finding a way to mark a question resolved in a way that people will use. Give us some time on this one, we'll get it worked out.

its not my idea I saw it on the german ubuntu site, they use the word (geloest) solved in the headline of the thread

occy8
September 23rd, 2005, 11:03 PM
just tried it out what I saw on the german ubuntu site. It actually works as you can see still an icon would be nicer

kassetra
September 23rd, 2005, 11:18 PM
just tried it out what I saw on the german ubuntu site. It actually works as you can see still an icon would be nicer

right - that's what we tried before, but it was rarely ever used - which is why we're still working on it. :(

majikstreet
September 23rd, 2005, 11:47 PM
I was just going to say that I really love the ideas mentioned..

In other forums that I've been to, they've asked people using announcements everywhere to please put [SOLVED] if the problem is solved.

Only one issue with that; what I've noticed in the past on the UF is that if you post a topic then edit the title, the title that shows up the in listing of topics in a forum is the original title, not the edited one. :(

Anyway, I'm glad that the forums are undergoing such a renovation:)

Emerzen
September 24th, 2005, 12:03 AM
I'd like to throw in a hearty agreement for the idea of a multimedia forum. I'm a multimedia maven myself, and a devoted forum would be nice.